What's the best computer desk?
Sep 20, 2009 at 3:35 PM Post #16 of 24
An oak computer desk could very well be the item that meets your need. With so many options and build materials available in this market, why should an oak desk deserve your consideration? More so than your average wood computer desk, oak provides a nice classic look and feel. If you need a hutch, you can find oak desks that feature one. Many manufacturers feature L-shaped oak desks in their ranges. An oak computer desk is a wonderful piece of furniture, whether you want to use it at home or at the office.

Sep 20, 2009 at 5:30 PM Post #18 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
a flat wide desk is the best desk.

Nah one with shelving like the jerker that way you can put printers, scanners, speakers out of the way, so area around keyboard isn't cluttered up. Also found LCD monitors are too low, so why waste the vertical space having the screen stand in the taller position, when you can lower it and have it on a shelf?

Sep 20, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #19 of 24
Do not know about "best", but I am well pleased with my IKEA desk.
Plenty of desk space, durable and easy to clean (glass top) and comes with its own drawer module on wheels.

Sep 27, 2009 at 4:53 PM Post #20 of 24
I had a similar need, but I was limited on space, so I went with a Bush SERIES C:RIGHT L-BOW DESK. It costs less than $300 and had room for my 42 inch monitor. I also wanted the headphone amp space, so I am pretty happy with it. There is a lip on the back, so it made it easy to mount my 19 inch monitor on an Ergotron arm.

The one issue is that the desk does not have any drawers, but I bought a rolling drawer to put under it.

large.jpg

Sep 27, 2009 at 6:13 PM Post #21 of 24
An L-Desk is a natural choice if you like lots of room. The Bush Fairview is a nice choice if you're not going custom:
0004297653930_215X215.jpg

It's very solid, although I never want to have to take it apart. Despite all the room, I can still clutter it up pretty quickly
wink.gif

Sep 27, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiGHFLYiN9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
An L-Desk is a natural choice if you like lots of room. The Bush Fairview is a nice choice if you're not going custom:
0004297653930_215X215.jpg

It's very solid, although I never want to have to take it apart. Despite all the room, I can still clutter it up pretty quickly
wink.gif

Where do you buy that?

Sep 27, 2009 at 6:25 PM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
a flat wide desk is the best desk.

+1

A desk the size of those fold out banquet tables is close to ideal - except those are too cheesy for a main desk. That's a good size, though. "hutches" i'm not too into, and glass tops FTL. must be wood. :wink:

Sep 27, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by phototristan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where do you buy that?

Pretty sure I got it from Walmart's website, although I don't think it was $350 when I got it. A quick search on Froogle shows that OfficeMax has it for $240 with free shipping, although I don't have any experience buying with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back