What's the best closed headphone under $100 that fits what I need\want?
Oct 16, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #61 of 67
Oct 17, 2017 at 2:00 AM Post #64 of 67
for me my choice for sub $100 headphones would be the Sony MDR-V6's you can drive them with just about anything easily w/ my smart phone no amp.. yes they come with a long coiled cable that is non removable... in my case growing somewhat weary of the stock cable I did this:

mdrV6_3.jpg

but I really like the MDR-V6 quite comfortable and nice sounding for the money.. wish Sony would do a factory removable cable version however..

Oct 17, 2017 at 2:59 AM Post #65 of 67
for me my choice for sub $100 headphones would be the Sony MDR-V6's you can drive them with just about anything easily w/ my smart phone no amp.. yes they come with a long coiled cable that is non removable... in my case growing somewhat weary of the stock cable I did this:

but I really like the MDR-V6 quite comfortable and nice sounding for the money.. wish Sony would do a factory removable cable version however..

Jeez my dude you got the whole setup going... dangggggggggggggggg

Oct 20, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #66 of 67
Ok, I know we've talked about this before @AnyOtherRay , but if you still have any interest in M40x, they just dropped on Massdrop.

On Amazon, you can get them with a mic for $100, straight from Audio Technica if you want a mic. Otherwise, their on Massdrop for $90... it's really not a good deal, but ever dollar counts.

Also, are you interested in having a mic attached to your headset? I can take a couple pictures of my $5 mic setup, and the quality is actually pretty good, not even considering the price point. Otherwise, if you want a desktop mic, and can expand your budget, then I would recommend the Samson Meteorite again. There are other good ones out there, but they can get pricey, especially if your just chatting online. For something like Youtube recording or streaming, then I'd definitely recommend expanding your budget some more. I mean, I use the $5 mic for YT and streaming, and it sounds fine, but if you want to get into it then definitely set aside some money for quality.

Oct 22, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #67 of 67

Someone recommended the MDR's earlier, but I don't like there being an attached cable.
Ok, I know we've talked about this before @AnyOtherRay , but if you still have any interest in M40x, they just dropped on Massdrop.

On Amazon, you can get them with a mic for $100, straight from Audio Technica if you want a mic. Otherwise, their on Massdrop for $90... it's really not a good deal, but ever dollar counts.

Also, are you interested in having a mic attached to your headset? I can take a couple pictures of my $5 mic setup, and the quality is actually pretty good, not even considering the price point. Otherwise, if you want a desktop mic, and can expand your budget, then I would recommend the Samson Meteorite again. There are other good ones out there, but they can get pricey, especially if your just chatting online. For something like Youtube recording or streaming, then I'd definitely recommend expanding your budget some more. I mean, I use the $5 mic for YT and streaming, and it sounds fine, but if you want to get into it then definitely set aside some money for quality.
I'm not actually going to be buying whatever headphone for a couple months, so deals that are going on right now are meaningless to me. I'm also not going to be buying a mic til a while after that, at which point I plan to spend at least $70, not sure where you got the idea that my mic budget would be tied into my headphone budget - and I'm also not here for mic suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back