What's the best after market cable to use with Senn 650's?
Feb 19, 2013 at 7:44 AM Post #2 of 9
An after market XLR terminated cable will cost almost as much as the phones, way too much money IMO. Let me suggest you take your stock cable, or buy a new stock cable and have it re-terminated with an XLR plug. When having this done have the TRS plug cut off with 6 inches of cable and have that terminated with an XLR female plug so you'll have an XLR to TSR adapter.

Feb 19, 2013 at 8:30 AM Post #3 of 9
Feb 19, 2013 at 9:31 AM Post #4 of 9
Thanks both, didn't mean to mislead here, the amp has balanced inputs, which I have connected to the balanced outputs of my valve CD player, but the 'phones are connected conventionally, via 6.5 jack. So a normal jack lead is required to replace the stock one.

Feb 19, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:
Thanks both, didn't mean to mislead here, the amp has balanced inputs, which I have connected to the balanced outputs of my valve CD player, but the 'phones are connected conventionally, via 6.5 jack. So a normal jack lead is required to replace the stock one.

Heya,

Is it a single 6.3mm TRS connection? If so, that's unbalanced. Balanced connection will be two XLR (3 pin), two TRS (6.3mm) or one XLR (4 pin).

The G103 has two TRS connections on the front, so if they are run balanced, that would be two 6.3mm TRS. But I'm not sure that the G103 runs balanced output via those TRS connections. Seems to be two G103's. One with unbalanced connections and one that has balanced input via 3pin XLR (2 of them) and front output via TRS connections.

I'm not sure the G103 has balanced output. Might want to check specs and ask in the amp forum. It looks to me like it's output is actually unbalanced and simply has balanced inputs. I don't have one so might be wrong there.

Very best,

Feb 20, 2013 at 3:18 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

I'm not sure the G103 has balanced output. Might want to check specs and ask in the amp forum. It looks to me like it's output is actually unbalanced and simply has balanced inputs. I don't have one so might be wrong there.

Very best,

This paragraph is right! It has xlr inputs only, for connection to balanced outputs from CD player, and the headphone outputs are conventional 6.5mm headphone sockets.

Feb 23, 2013 at 6:15 AM Post #8 of 9
i like silver cable on the hd650....just tightens up the bass and adds more agility to this veiled can.
I am assuming u want the veil to be lifted somewhat...
caveat : but i do know a friend who loved the veiled/sooothing quality though. 

Feb 24, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #9 of 9
Yes, the veil lifted would be great! Can you recommend a specific one, or tell me where to source it? I am in the UK but I guess it wouldn't be too bad to source one in the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back