What's p!ss!ng you off at the moment?
May 17, 2004 at 5:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 147

Zuerst

Headphoneus Supremus
For me... The A cut-off for a class of mine is a 95 and I got a 94.4 and thus a B... And to think if I would of just... ArrGG!!!1

Just had to vent. We now return to our regular programming.
biggrin.gif

May 17, 2004 at 6:22 AM Post #2 of 147
ouch, that really sucks. 95% for an A is a little high, but there's no such thing as an A- in your school?

My life is pretty bad at the moment.
Just got denied to businesss major, philosophy paper due tuesday, macro midterm on tuesday, cal III on wednesday, oh and the Twolves lost today.

May 17, 2004 at 6:39 AM Post #3 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuerst
For me... The A cut-off for a class of mine is a 95 and I got a 94.4 and thus a B... And to think if I would of just... ArrGG!!!1

Just had to vent. We now return to our regular programming.
biggrin.gif

That happen to me one time, who the holy hell came up with that idea? I thought it was only my insane teacher, and yet others are doing it too?

In that class a 95 was a A- !!!!
100 was a A+
94 = B+

me =
mad.gif

May 17, 2004 at 7:19 AM Post #5 of 147
Where are you going SleepyKyng? I remember reading about a school with no grades, just profs writing candid evalutations of the students. Sounded kinda cool.

May 17, 2004 at 7:26 AM Post #6 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by KR...
That happen to me one time, who the holy hell came up with that idea? I thought it was only my insane teacher, and yet others are doing it too?

In that class a 95 was a A- !!!!
100 was a A+
94 = B+

me =
mad.gif

My college goes by a strict 4.0 for A, 3.0 for B, 2.0 for C...etc. No A+ or A-, an A is an A is a 4.0. The letter grade/cut-off point is determined by the instructor. What really ticks me off is that this ruined by perfect runing record of 40+ credit hours of A (4.0). If it's a clear B than fine. But a 94.4... god... this is going to take months for me to get over it. And to think that if only I had not forgotten to put a freakin meter or cm on one of the reports I might just got an A... ahhhh!!!!

May 17, 2004 at 9:56 AM Post #7 of 147
Last night while mom and I had our weekly webcam chat, dad walked in and said "You heard Massachusetts is behind the spread of AIDs now by allowing gays to marry."

I am so dissapointed in my father right now. He thinks he's baiting me, being funny. But that's just such ignorance that my first impulse was to knock him out, and my second is just to pity him and avoid him as much as I can.

edit - the second thing that's pissing me off is the idiot who eats crocodile in the Favorite Animal thread.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

May 17, 2004 at 10:05 AM Post #8 of 147
Whatäs getting my goat right now is my ruddy amp not turning up. Express shipping = 3-5 days. It's now the beginning of the third week...
confused.gif
frown.gif

May 17, 2004 at 10:18 AM Post #9 of 147
Well meaning
rolleyes.gif
associates/co-workers/family who only see flaws and offer a steady stream of unsolicited advice. "you should do this" -"whats that on your chin"- "did you gain weight?"-"you're looking thin".

May 17, 2004 at 10:21 AM Post #10 of 147
plainsong... nevermind, actually. Was going to start a rant on animal rights, but it's 5:20AM, and I don't feel like getting into a flame war.

As for what's pissing me off, dial-up, and outdated software. Download a 12MB .rm video; takes me around 45 minutes. Great, I think, now I can go to bed. Try running it, Real Alternative can't render it, nor can ATI File Player. So now I'm downloading the latest RA, which is another 5MB. Easy 15 minutes. Dial-up SUCKS!

(-:Stephonovich:)

May 17, 2004 at 10:22 AM Post #11 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeteeth
Well meaning
rolleyes.gif
associates/co-workers/family who offer a steady stream of unsolicited advice. "you should do this".I wasn't asking!

...LOL! There's my advantage of not having much family to speak of!!
biggrin.gif
It's even worse when it comes from people who don't even know you..
wink.gif

May 17, 2004 at 1:49 PM Post #12 of 147
The sun is shining, the girls wear less cloth, the birds are singing, I've just gotten the new Hitman game for xbox. School end this friday (except some exams.) Plenty of nice stuff to do
And I'm sitting here trying to get started on a ******** phys report
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

May 17, 2004 at 2:07 PM Post #13 of 147
Two things pissing me off at the moment:
  • It's been over a month since my son's car got rear ended. The person who was driving the other car did not own the car, and the owner is being unresponsive to the inquiries by their insurance company (my insurance company forced them to open a claim). Now, their insurance company is not returning my phone calls as to the status of my claim (estimated damage is over $5000).
  • I cancelled an order with IKEA on-line and was supposed to receive a credit back to my credit card over a week ago (around $500), it has yet to show up.

May 17, 2004 at 2:17 PM Post #14 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMT
Two things pissing me off at the moment:
  • It's been over a month since my son's car got rear ended. The person who was driving the other car did not own the car, and the owner is being unresponsive to the inquiries by their insurance company (my insurance company forced them to open a claim). Now, their insurance company is not returning my phone calls as to the status of my claim (estimated damage is over $5000).
  • I cancelled an order with IKEA on-line and was supposed to receive a credit back to my credit card over a week ago (around $500), it has yet to show up.

Darn!! That insurance problem is still going, huh? This was the one where you went round to their house and took a photo of the car, right? I remember a thread about this a while back.

May 17, 2004 at 2:20 PM Post #15 of 147
This is actually a useful thread if you look at it positively..brings home the fact that we're all suffering irritating daily probs and don't have a monopoly on that..
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back