Hey Everyone,
I'm a novice to audiophile and I'm trying to get a nice sound after all ^^
Current Rig:
Headphones : T1/ED8
Dac/AMP : DacMini
Source: MBPro

Genres:
Trance/GeoTrance/Rock

I have made a to buy list but I need your advice on it or If there's something can add
-Beyerdynamic A1
-Burson HA-160DS
-Sennheiser HD700 Or HD800
-Fostex HP-P1

I'd appreciate your help on what next headphone/amp/dac I'd add to this to sound good.
Thanks

Jun 16, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #2 of 18
Why not add a Violectric V200 to the list? It's a warm amp that works well with the genre's you listen to quite well. The added bass is also a bonus.

Jun 17, 2012 at 12:55 AM Post #4 of 18
I think the Burson would be the way to go then. It's a great amp and drives the T1 perfectly fine.

Jun 17, 2012 at 3:17 AM Post #5 of 18
I'd beware of the Burson for the T1. At least on my old rig, it didn't do it justice. When I moved to the Auditor, everything snapped into focus. However, I'd probably go for a nice tube amp like the Woo 6.

This is all IMO of course, and with respect to Zombie_X.

Jun 17, 2012 at 9:26 AM Post #6 of 18
Burson has better AMP than DACMini cause on DACmini I had to max the volume to get an "okay" Volume.
Woo6 Isn't available basically I'd prefer things that's on ebay

Jun 17, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #8 of 18
I thought the extra brightness the Burson exerted sounded nice with the T1's smooth treble. I would agree that a tube amp of some sort will be a better choice as they can typically drive the T1 better.

Quote:
I'd beware of the Burson for the T1. At least on my old rig, it didn't do it justice. When I moved to the Auditor, everything snapped into focus. However, I'd probably go for a nice tube amp like the Woo 6.

This is all IMO of course, and with respect to Zombie_X.

Jun 17, 2012 at 6:36 PM Post #9 of 18
Quote:
I thought the extra brightness the Burson exerted sounded nice with the T1's smooth treble. I would agree that a tube amp of some sort will be a better choice as they can typically drive the T1 better.

You recommend any of tube amp that I can get on ebay ? (can I combine Beyer A1 With DACMini And Tube Amp?)

Quote:
Be carefull with the burson it's got a problem with a humming noise! www.head-fi.org/t/600568/help-burson-ha-160ds-hum-noise.../45

Thanks for telling me !

Jun 17, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #10 of 18
The Darkvoice 336 is an excellent amp and is on ebay. It can power the T1 nicely. I think it's around $300 or so. Also they did a name change and I think it's call La Fiagro or something like that.

Quote:
You recommend any of tube amp that I can get on ebay ? (can I combine Beyer A1 With DACMini And Tube Amp?)

Jun 17, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #11 of 18
Quote:
The Darkvoice 336 is an excellent amp and is on ebay. It can power the T1 nicely. I think it's around $300 or so. Also they did a name change and I think it's call La Fiagro or something like that.

I agree, a tube amp will get you better sound out of the 600 ohm T1s. With that said, the Burson will drive them fine, but I did find that Beyer's own A1 amp sounded better between the two. The T1s definitely like "simple power". You really can't go wrong with Violectric though, generally, tube amps are geared better for the T1s than SS is. Getting them recabled to balanced is even better. If you want to do that, you can just reterminate with a 4-pin XLR to save some cash, as the T1 is wired as balanced internally. However, you need to look at spending an absolute minimum of $800 for a balanced amp, not including sources and an optional recable ($250-700) if you're not a DIY person.

Jun 17, 2012 at 10:58 PM Post #12 of 18
Thanks for the Info , I didn't want to keep buying and not getting the quality that I'm expecting .
Does DarkVoice 336SE Hold up pretty good competing with other tubes ? I'm an high-end addict. cause I like to buy once not getting 2nd best and hear something better so I keep scratching till I get it ;D
As brunk The A1 most likely an option but It didn't support USB but since I have DACMini It shouldn't be a problem for now.but balanced cables will be a fuzz
Zombie_X You may rape my pocket with some high-end tube amp that you recommend ? or they have life-span ?
The thing that's really annoying me that the terble Is so harsh to my ears as well the bass seems suffocating one way or another It's not giving me any power on DACmini.
I want to feel some natural sound like flesh without those harsh treble and elecornical voices.
I hope I'm explaining my self .

Jun 17, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #13 of 18
The WA2 is an excellent tube amp if you are able to get one. They really mellow out the T1 and make it very smooth and natural. They aren't super expensive but they aren't cheap. The WA2 goes for $1000.

Quote:
Thanks for the Info , I didn't want to keep buying and not getting the quality that I'm expecting .
Does DarkVoice 336SE Hold up pretty good competing with other tubes ? I'm an high-end addict. cause I like to buy once not getting 2nd best and hear something better so I keep scratching till I get it ;D
As brunk The A1 most likely an option but It didn't support USB but since I have DACMini It shouldn't be a problem for now.but balanced cables will be a fuzz
Zombie_X You may rape my pocket with some high-end tube amp that you recommend ? or they have life-span ?
The thing that's really annoying me that the terble Is so harsh to my ears as well the bass seems suffocating one way or another It's not giving me any power on DACmini.
I want to feel some natural sound like flesh without those harsh treble and elecornical voices.
I hope I'm explaining my self .

Jun 18, 2012 at 8:56 AM Post #14 of 18
If I able to get that It will be excellent If not I'll probably with A1 then.
You had the chance to try HD700 And HD800 ? They say HD700 Is better than HD800  ( I know I never shutup :frowning2: )

Jun 18, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #15 of 18
I've only heard the HD800, but it's a great headphone. If you like the presentation of the T1 this headphone may not be your cup of tea. It's not as warm as the T1 but is more detailed and neutral. The soundstage is quite expansive and really is an "awe" to listen to. It sound like a bigger version of the T1. 

Another alternative is the T5p by beyerdynamic which is their high end portable headphone. It's 32Ohm's and is quite easy to power, but and amp does make them shine. They have a similar signature to the 1 with are slightly brighter and have deeper bass. They are worth it if you get them for under $1,000.

The A1 amp is quite nice but has a 100Ohm output impedance which is quite high. Using lower Ohm headphones will result in impedance miss match issues.

Quote:
If I able to get that It will be excellent If not I'll probably with A1 then.
You had the chance to try HD700 And HD800 ? They say HD700 Is better than HD800  ( I know I never shutup :frowning2: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back