What's getting alot of ear-time on your HPs lately?
Jul 14, 2018 at 9:44 PM Post #18 of 90
This one got played quite a bit on my Ebony TH-X00 Ebony due to the sub-bass (sound much better on sub-bass lifted headphones), and like the flow of the wording with the sound

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2018 at 9:48 PM Post #19 of 90
This one got played hella lot in the past, and disovered Anne-Marie from it. Her voice is just so very nice (it's a result you get when a white girl sings reggae, it's a good result with her particular voice qualities), and perfect for this song

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #23 of 90
Alot of Turkish pop, some "vallenaton" (vallenato + reggaeton), and this...

Artists: Shakira & Maluma
Title: "Clandestino"
Genre: Reggaeton

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2018 at 3:52 AM Post #24 of 90
SilverEars,

I haven't listened to much jazz since the 70's. Back then, it was not unusual for jazz tunes like "Take Five" to cross over into the Top 40. Chicago, Sade, Herbie Hancock, Manhattan Transfer, Maynard Ferguson, Pat Metheny, and probably many others I'm forgettin had mainstream hits. That seems much less common now.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2018 at 3:57 AM Post #25 of 90
Jazz artists that crossed over into the mainstream would be an interesting topic.

Louis Armstrong would certainly also qualify. And Jean-Luc Ponty. And George Benson, of course.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2018 at 4:07 AM Post #26 of 90
Probably not so good for my ears, but this track from Garbage's most recent album Strange Little Birds has gotten quite a few spins since it was released a couple years ago. Hard to believe Shirley's in her 50's! Good grief!

This is an ear-slammer...

Artist: Garbage
Title: "Empty"
Genre: (Hard) Alt-rock

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2018 at 4:13 AM Post #27 of 90
Some good ear (and eye) time on this since it dropped a couple weeks ago.

Artist: (G)I-DLE
Title: "Hann"
Genre: Kpop

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2018 at 4:39 AM Post #30 of 90
SQ is not perfect on this. But this is gettin quite a few views for a Turkish pop track. >60 million in only a month and a half. Not as many as A. Tilki (yet)... But very respectable.

Artist: Merve Ozbey
Title: "Vuracak"
Genre: Turkish Pop/House
(Mature content.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back