What's causing you upgraditis right now?
Mar 1, 2006 at 6:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 58

jagorev

Headphoneus Supremus
Just wondering what headphone or other gear people are lusting after, or trying to save up the money and courage to buy. What do you hope your next purchase will be?

I personally am trying to work up the guts to pull the trigger on the DT880, since it seems like the perfect compliment to my HD 600 for listening to classical music. Also, the AKG K 181 is on my list...looks rather tempting as an office can for my upcoming cubicle job.

PS: My previous thread about reaching audio contentment has been proved to be vastly premature. Damn, this hobby is like a drug.
tongue.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 6:25 PM Post #2 of 58
Just pulled the trigger on some SR225's yesterday. The tax return made me do it!
tongue.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 6:27 PM Post #3 of 58
Waiting for PayPal to clear to get another set of 225s. Waiting for BillPay to clear to another credit card to purchase K601s. Waiting for paycheck (Friday) to be direct deposited in my account to purchase a Glite.

Mar 1, 2006 at 6:37 PM Post #4 of 58
I'm down to the cables now - basically the dust has settled and I'm just tweaking.

Mar 1, 2006 at 6:38 PM Post #5 of 58
Tired of mediocre sound.

Look at my profile. Look at what I have right now.

That speaks for itself, doesn't it?

I've been enjoying great sound over my speakers, but I've been neglecting the headphone end of things for far too long.

There are times when I do prefer using my headphones, so why not finally bring that end of things up to speed?
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 6:39 PM Post #6 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
I'm down to the cables now - basically the dust has settled and I'm just tweaking.

Hmm...I don't see an Orpheus or L3000 or Qualia in that sig
confused.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 6:43 PM Post #8 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by jagorev
Hmm...I don't see an Orpheus or L3000 or Qualia in that sig
confused.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Leatherhead - too dark. Me no like.

Qualia - Echoey mother. Me no like.

Orpheus - never gonna get it. Wife would slay me. Me like but me no get.

I've culled Head-fi (boards and meets) and eBay and Audiogon and the pawn shops and craigslist and Google and Froogle for every scrap of info and item listing since I got back into the hobby, and my sig shows what my wallet can stand and what my ears love best. I've even shored up my insecurity about it by bringing everything to meets and minimeets and having others have a go at it too. Now when I come home I'm 100% confident that both home and portable rigs are going to be cool - except for the tweaks, like cables, and with an eye out for future unreleased products of course - like maybe the Grado Streetstyles, who knows.

Mar 1, 2006 at 7:35 PM Post #11 of 58
Pretty happy with my cans right now. Although an SA5k would be a nice addition. I liked it better than the DT880 at the SF meet.... Seemed to have a little more bass and "color".

Been on a vintage pcdp fettish as of late. Magnavox/Phillips and Panasonic / technics MASH players are my favs. With all the MP3 / flash hype portable CDPs are a HUGE bargain and offer a LOT of sonic bang for the buck.

Im listening to a panasonic MASH straight into my MS2 as I type this. The headphone outputs on many of the older CDPs are VERY robust.

Sometimes I amp the line out too.

Im kind of getting thte itch to upgrade my millet to a Woo or something in that price range.... or maybe a better (maxed) millet.

Garrett

Mar 1, 2006 at 7:39 PM Post #14 of 58
the orpheus from the meridian GO8 did it for me, i won't stop till i get there. for now i simply need a dac better than the one included in the M-Audio Audiophile USB, i'm thinking the VDA-2 is it. but i'll have to wait, i'm not completely confident in it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back