whats best dap with optical input
Jan 23, 2010 at 3:16 AM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by nkk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do not know where you got the idea that the Cowon had optical anything, but it does not. For that matter, there is not a DAP I know of that has optical input.

Why would one ever need optical in on a DAP?

On a different note, any DAP that is meant to sync with a computer has USB input.

I suggest you actually do research on the subject, because it is painfully clear that you have no idea what you are speaking of.

-Nkk

well i had meant output,but i had been also obviously researching the best amp with optical toslink coaxial and usb input so imixed them up, it is painfully clear that any head fier would know that a dap dosent have optical or usb input so obviously it was a slip up, i am only human, most people would have realized this. thank you for responding

Jan 23, 2010 at 3:20 AM Post #17 of 20
So did you want optical out or in?

Just kidding.

I have 8 iRivers, 4 H140, 2 with 120gb drives, and 4 H120's, one with 80gb. That is how much I like them as a source with optical out but since I don't know of anything else like them I want to hedge against the day when even used ones will be hard to find.

Jan 23, 2010 at 3:27 AM Post #18 of 20
LOL, i know that guy was briutal, honest slip,
i recently bought an s9 for someone as a gift, i am waiting to hear their first impressions, but i think now im leaning toward the iriver h140 120 gb, are they discontinued?

anywho ill totally take one off your hands. let me know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So did you want optical out or in?

Just kidding.

I have 8 iRivers, 4 H140, 2 with 120gb drives, and 4 H120's, one with 80gb. That is how much I like them as a source with optical out but since I don't know of anything else like them I want to hedge against the day when even used ones will be hard to find.

Jan 23, 2010 at 4:10 AM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by RockinCannoisseur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well i had meant output,but i had been also obviously researching the best amp with optical toslink coaxial and usb input so imixed them up, it is painfully clear that any head fier would know that a dap dosent have optical or usb input so obviously it was a slip up, i am only human, most people would have realized this. thank you for responding

DAPs do have USB in. I even said that in the post of mine you quoted.

On a different note, perhaps I mistook you for a rambling person who did not want to research. For that I apologize. Though I still maintain that because you constantly said optical in (and no slipping up just once), it was not painfully obvious what you meant.

-Nkk

Jan 23, 2010 at 4:39 AM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The iRiver H120 and H140 have optical output. But afaik no optical input.
Neither do I know of any other player that does...

The Sony PCM-D50 has both optical in and out. One can input and convert any analog recordings into digital wave file through the optical input. Though it is not technically a DAP, it is a digital recorder, but it can definiely function as a DAP and sound better than most DAP that I know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back