What's a good upgrade from Super.Fi 5 Pros?
Sep 6, 2009 at 3:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

OldHooky

100+ Head-Fier
Have a bit of upgraditis so was wondering what people would suggest?

I play all types of music on my D2 and use IEMs more for when travelling ie either of flights or main source for listening when away.

So since it's not for listening in perfect ambient surroundings I don't want to go beserk with the budget.

Your suggestions please.

Cheers

Sep 6, 2009 at 4:36 PM Post #2 of 11
Since its not in the perfect ambience you should get an earphone that makes your listening experience perfect... i suggest customs : )

I myself am using sf5pros--- considering some upgrades like recabling or amping it...the though of getting custom moulds crossed my mind too...

Sep 6, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #4 of 11
I know you said you were on a budget, but you didn't specify exactly what that was. My SF5Pros just broke a couple of weeks ago and I upgraded to the Westone UM3X ($379 at earphonesolutions but I used a 10% coupon which you can find on the web to bring it down to $341) and couldn't be happier. You can read about my experience in the UM3X appreciation thread here

Good luck in your search!

Sep 6, 2009 at 11:04 PM Post #5 of 11
I think when you are on plane or in noisy envirement then you only need better isolation and more bass. Because mostely bass disapear in noisy envirement and if isolation is better then overall sound feels better. I will recomand Klipsch Custom 3, IE7 and C710, they all sound great for there price point and C710 has more deep bass.

Sep 7, 2009 at 4:36 AM Post #7 of 11
Why hasn't anyone suggested the UE 700's?
I have them and they are amazing... plus they are literally the new and top model of the super.fi series! Right above the Super.Fi 5p's

Sep 7, 2009 at 5:59 AM Post #8 of 11
I got the um3x after my sf5p. The UM3x is awesome! However, I think it's a better choice to contact Unique Melody to customize and add an additional driver in your custom sf5p. That is what I did, and I like them even more than UM3X although UM3X comes very close to the customs.

Sep 7, 2009 at 9:27 AM Post #9 of 11
I should have added that I've got the Westone cables fitted. That might make a difference to recommendations?

From reading the Klipsch and IEs may be good options - the UMs are more expensive in the UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back