What would your dream iem from jh audio be, minus Layla, for classic rock (pink floyd, doobie brothers, beatles), 80's pop synth, 90's alternative as well as depeche mode and such? ,

Jh audio iem

• Total voters
Aug 5, 2020 at 5:32 PM Post #16 of 24
I think he means "dull." But I don't agree. They just have slightly different emphases in their overall sound signatures.

Aug 22, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #19 of 24
I will update my own one man's perceptions of these JH Audio IEMs, since I now have been given the chance to audition also the 13 pro v2 and the 16 pro v2.
I have found I really like the 16 pro v2. If I turn the bass down low it's great for general listening, e.g., female vocals, jazz, classical. For rock I turn the bass up about halfway. For EDM or drum 'n bass I turn the bass up towards the highest setting. The versatility is wonderful. There is enough sparkle at the top end for my taste. If I were a true treble-head I would find these too dark. On the other hand, I do have some rolloff of my hearing above 8 khz, apparently a sign of my advancing years.

The 13 pro v2 is almost as good, but it has an overall slightly thinner sound that just is not quite my personal preference. I would be happy with these, but I prefer the 16 pros.

I actually am a little surprised that the bigtime reviewers whom everyone pays attention to, e.g., BGGAR and and Crinacle, pretty much ignore these models. I know Crinacle ranks the 13's way down in his listings, and has no opinion about the 16 pro at all. He actually ranks Roxanne very highly. I remain a little puzzled as to why I had such a negative impression of the Roxanne compared with other people. I have always thought I like a dark sound signature. But I found the Roxanne positively thick and syrupy, not enjoyable for general listening at all, even with the bass setting all the way down. My ears, I guess.

I will keep these second two demo units (13 pro v2 and 16 pro v2) another week or so and then send them back. If I don't change my mind I will be ordering a remake of my custom shells featuring the innards of the 16 pro v2. I get a discount, hooray. I am pretty sure I will be happy with these.

Doug Greenberg

Aug 25, 2020 at 11:17 AM Post #20 of 24
I'm waiting for the universal Jimi to be shipped,
How does the Jimi compare to the Lola?
The Lola does have a "bigger sound" over the Jimi, but can be a little bloated in the mids to mid lows for some. Now those can be turned down of course. The Lola was originally designed for on stage guitar use while the Jimi was designed with a more vinyl-like sound signature. Both are fun for sure, but being a little bit of a vinyl lover the Jimi takes a higher ranking IMO.

Aug 25, 2020 at 1:24 PM Post #21 of 24
What is a vinyl-like sound signature? Not being snarky here; I am curious.

Aug 25, 2020 at 1:36 PM Post #22 of 24
What is a vinyl-like sound signature? Not being snarky here; I am curious.
Warm and simple are the two best words I would use. These are not going to be as articulate and detailed as say the 13v2 or 16v2. Not have the power of a Roxanne or Lola, just enjoyable to listen to like a nice record over a digital file.

Aug 25, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #23 of 24
The Lola does have a "bigger sound" over the Jimi, but can be a little bloated in the mids to mid lows for some. Now those can be turned down of course. The Lola was originally designed for on stage guitar use while the Jimi was designed with a more vinyl-like sound signature. Both are fun for sure, but being a little bit of a vinyl lover the Jimi takes a higher ranking IMO.
Thanks for that, very much appreciated

Aug 31, 2020 at 4:47 AM Post #24 of 24
Warm and simple are the two best words I would use. These are not going to be as articulate and detailed as say the 13v2 or 16v2. Not have the power of a Roxanne or Lola, just enjoyable to listen to like a nice record over a digital file.
Mine have arrived and I see what you mean.

That said they are more detailed than I expected given your description, so I am delighted with them.

For anyone that's interested they are ridiculously easy to drive even from my Samsung note 9.

Most of my iem's need to be at around 70% to get decent volume. The Jimi's don't even need to touch 50%

Users who are viewing this thread

Back