What would you say is the best affordable, portable amp to drive the GR07 and/or RE-626?
Jun 21, 2011 at 4:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

mickcenary

Head-Fier
Hey, guys. The title pretty much says it all. I'm looking to invest in both of the abovementioned sets in the near future and am curious as to which portable amp will tick the most boxes for the two.

I'm thinking either the PA2V2 or the Fiio E11. Any other suggestions are welcome!

Also, which of the two is considered harder to drive? I'm under the impression that the RE-262 is extremely hard to drive, as far as IEMs go. Will they suck the life out of my Cowon J3 without an amp?

Anyway, much thanks in advance.

Jun 22, 2011 at 2:59 AM Post #2 of 3
Another option will be JDS cmoyBB with an upgraded opamp (such as AD8620) and it be close to E11. RE262 is harder to drive than GR07, but it is not on the extreme end. I have not heard the PA2V2 myself, but either E11 or cmoyBB (with better opamp) are both great sub$100 choice.

Jun 22, 2011 at 4:03 PM Post #3 of 3
Another option will be JDS cmoyBB with an upgraded opamp (such as AD8620) and it be close to E11. RE262 is harder to drive than GR07, but it is not on the extreme end. I have not heard the PA2V2 myself, but either E11 or cmoyBB (with better opamp) are both great sub$100 choice.

Thanks, ClieOS. I think I'll go with the E11, as it seems to be garnering quite the positive response. Here's hoping that my foray into portable amps is an enjoyable one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back