What would be the proper way to connect dual headphone amps.
Jul 1, 2013 at 9:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

TrollDragon

Headphoneus Supremus
Greetings All!

I am looking for the best or proper way to combine a single line out for two amplifiers.
My current setup consists of a FiiO E17 / E09K combo and a Corsair SP2500 High Power speaker setup.

The connection is setup with the FiiO combo through USB to the computer for use as a DAC and the line out from the E09K goes to the line in on the SP2500, power up the E09K and the speakers and hit play, easy for the wife to use as output doesn't have to be selected or switched on the computer.

Now I have just ordered a Little Dot MK IV and need to add this to the mix, the LD has a line in/out but I do not want to have it powered up all the time just to listen to the speakers.
Computer > E09K > LD > SP2500 does not appeal to me.

So what I would like to do is have the E09K as the DAC with the LD for use only with my DT880's but still be able for the wife to use the speakers.
Can the line out of the E09K be split or piggy backed to go to both the LD's line in and the SP2500's line in at the same time? Can this be done just with cable or should a switch box of some sort be used?

The LD and the SP2500 will most likely never be on at the same time so would having a device shut off affect the line in impedance of the other?

Thanks for any opinion on this as I'd like to get it sorted out before the LD arrives.
beerchug.gif

Jul 1, 2013 at 12:47 PM Post #3 of 5
A signal splitter?
Such as a regular RCA 1 to 2 cable? From what I can gather searching here and on other sites (GearSlutz & Audiokarma) that splitting a line out signal to two line in's with just cable will have a minimal impact on the signal, as the input impedance is so high.

There are signal distribution devices out there for such purpose but I think they are above and beyond what I require for my simple setup.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Jul 1, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks Happy Camper much appreciated!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back