What was the last movie you watched?
Jul 31, 2004 at 11:41 AM Post #391 of 456
yesterday with Mom.

I also saw Bourne Supremacy last weekend and really enjoyed it too.
My "guilty pleasure" movie was "Evel Kenevel" on TNT last night.

John

Jul 31, 2004 at 11:45 PM Post #394 of 456
Quote:

Originally Posted by tiberian
i do agree haibane renmei is a kick ass anime...but still i like serial experiments lain more haha.

Synopsis on Haibane Renmei!
biggrin.gif

I am a huge anime fan. But for whatever reason I decided to sell off a HUGE chunk of my anime DVDs. Now all I have left are the El Hazard the Magnificent World boxset and the Tenchi OVA boxset.

Aug 1, 2004 at 3:27 AM Post #396 of 456
The Village. Some had issues with the ending I hear, though IMO it worked. Of course M.N.S. had his cameo, though a reverse image. When you write, produce, and direct, you'd think your bit part would be noble or something with cool things to say, but not him. He's batting a .1000 in my book. Can't wait for his next movie, whatever it'll be.
tongue.gif

Aug 1, 2004 at 10:36 AM Post #398 of 456
Metropolis (by tezuka osamu)

randomly watched it since my roommate wanted to see it.

Aug 1, 2004 at 3:21 PM Post #399 of 456
The last movie that I saw in a theater was "Fahrenheit 9/11." It was incredibly interesting and thought provoking. It seems interesting to me that many of this films critics haven't even seen it. The last film that I saw on DVD was "The Last Samurai." Good story, interesting insight into a critcal time in Japanese History. Good performances and detailed production design. Two other DVD movies that I have seen recently were "The Triplets of Belleville," and "The Girl With The Pearl Earring." I really liked both of them. I would like to see "The Village" [though Roger Ebert absolutely hated it...], "The Manchurian Candidate," and "Collateral."...
icon10.gif

Aug 1, 2004 at 4:10 PM Post #400 of 456
Girl With a Pearl Earring. A very good film, btw.

Regards,

L.

Aug 1, 2004 at 7:10 PM Post #402 of 456
Just finished The Big Lebowski again. One of the funniest films ever. Especially John Goodman cracks me up. And the nihilist German nazis too.

Tomorrow gonna watch Miller's Crossing, Blood Simple the next day. Maybe Barton Fink the day after. Spot the commonality.

Aug 2, 2004 at 2:15 AM Post #404 of 456
Quote:

Originally Posted by mxs1030
Watched 'Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind' for the first time today, not too bad... sort of a princess mononoke meets sci-fi.

Mononoke Hime was really a "retelling", of sorts, of the Nausicaa story.

Saw "The Terminal" last night. Pretty interesting and humorous story. And I've forgotten how gorgeous Catherine Zeta-Jones is.
biggrin.gif

~KS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back