What Was the First Concert You Ever Saw?
Nov 19, 2002 at 11:00 PM Post #16 of 92
haha im only but a meer teenager
smily_headphones1.gif

people here seem to be way older then me, but yes i am a music fan.

my first musical "concert" ive been to was @ area 2 in verizon amphitheater where i got to see tiesto spin a 2 hr set
smily_headphones1.gif

2nd would be watching the used play for free outside westminister best buy

vandit

edit: im 17
tongue.gif

Nov 19, 2002 at 11:43 PM Post #17 of 92
I am almost embarressed to say it, but, it was Jim Stafford. Anybody remember him? I was about 12 or 13 and my sister got stuck taking me along. It was at the Eastern Montana State college gymnasium. Man, them college girls looked good. Must have been about 1970 or 71. It actually turned out to be a fun time.

Nov 20, 2002 at 12:24 AM Post #19 of 92
Quote:

Originally posted by Budgie
I am almost embarressed to say it, but, it was Jim Stafford. Anybody remember him? I was about 12 or 13 and my sister got stuck taking me along. It was at the Eastern Montana State college gymnasium. Man, them college girls looked good. Must have been about 1970 or 71. It actually turned out to be a fun time.

Didn't he sing "Spiders and Snakes?"

Nov 20, 2002 at 2:01 AM Post #22 of 92
1967 (?), Sly & The Family Stone, Buffalo War Memorial Auditorium. I had a very hip older sister and brother-in-law.

Nov 20, 2002 at 2:21 AM Post #23 of 92
Quote:

Originally posted by OneMalt
1967 (?), Sly & The Family Stone, Buffalo War Memorial Auditorium. I had a very hip older sister and brother-in-law.

You sure did. . . .

Nov 20, 2002 at 2:44 AM Post #24 of 92
Chantal Kreviazuk at the NAC in Ottawa in the fall of '98. She had some of the songs for her 2nd album done and was testing them out on us, we loved them. She didn't have all that many songs to choose from so she did some really cool cover songs too. Been a fan of her's ever since.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 21, 2002 at 1:40 AM Post #27 of 92
Quote:

Originally posted by john_jcb
My first live concert was a couple of days after Christmas in 1968. I was home for the holidays from my first yeaar in college and went to Seattle to see Led Zeppelin. I remember a friend got us tickets and we were in about the 5th row.

Were they the opening act or the headliner?

Nov 21, 2002 at 4:32 AM Post #28 of 92
As far as I can remember, my first concert was the Nutcracker. When and where did I see, I'm not too sure. I think I was in kidergarten at the time.

Although, my parents claimed they took me to see concert when I was merely past one. Can't recall any specifics about that, so I just have to take their word for it.

Nov 21, 2002 at 5:37 AM Post #29 of 92
1987. I was 17 years old. It was U2 on the Joshua Tree tour at the San Diego Sports Arena. We paid $80 for 11th row seats.

It BLEW MY MIND.

Since then, I have been to hundreds and hundreds of shows at venues in San Diego and later the Bay Area of California. I've literally seen every major (and most minor) rock bands of the last 15 years live.

If U2 hadn't been so amazing, I may never have embarked on my journey to see all my favorite bands live so I owe a lot to Bono & co.

Mark

Nov 21, 2002 at 7:01 AM Post #30 of 92
Rare Earth. This would have been late sixties early seventies.
I think was in grade school. I wanted to go cause Climax with Sonny Garachi? (Precious and Few) was opening.
So much uh....local tobacco was in the air, I fell asleep
wink.gif

md

Users who are viewing this thread

Back