What volume setting for iPod Classic using LOD?
Jan 31, 2009 at 7:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

uncle b

500+ Head-Fier
Just got my first ALO Bling Bling LOD to use with my newly purchased iPod Classic and my existing RSA Hornet. Let me tell you, I am completely blown away and now know what everybody has been raving about. My one question for any and all of you is: what volume should I have the Classic set to? It seems like changing the volume on the Hornet is what I want to do, it sounded great even with the Classic turned way low.

Jan 31, 2009 at 7:40 PM Post #2 of 9
By using the line out you no longer have access to the volume on the ipod. So it doesn't matter. Just be careful not to leave it all the way up and then go to use the HP out down the road.

Jan 31, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #3 of 9
I turn my iPod vol all the way down, in my opinion it can only save battery life

Jan 31, 2009 at 10:37 PM Post #4 of 9
Since you by-pass the internal amp of the DAP, volume setting will not have any affect on volume level, SQ, battery life, etc.. Also I don't think you'll ever use the HP out again after hearing what a difference a LOD & a good amp makes. Night & day IMO, there's no turning back now, it just gets better & better. Congrats & Enjoy your new portable rig.
Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Jan 31, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by rain_uk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I turn my iPod vol all the way down, in my opinion it can only save battery life

It may not make a difference but I always put the volume all the way down on my iPod for line out use. At least I'm not the only person who thinks this way.

Feb 1, 2009 at 6:40 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Headphile808 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since you by-pass the internal amp of the DAP, volume setting will not have any affect on volume level, SQ, battery life, etc.. Also I don't think you'll ever use the HP out again after hearing what a difference a LOD & a good amp makes. Night & day IMO, there's no turning back now, it just gets better & better. Congrats & Enjoy your new portable rig.
Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

I am not turning back!!! This thing is just an incredible set-up now. It is mind-blowing now!!! Ready to pick myself up a new 16g Nano for portability.

Feb 1, 2009 at 6:53 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by uncle b /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am not turning back!!! This thing is just an incredible set-up now. It is mind-blowing now!!! Ready to pick myself up a new 16g Nano for portability.

Looking at a 16GB 4G Nano myself, should match up quite well w/the micro-sized footprint of the P-51 Mustang for My Ultra-Portable Rig.
Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Feb 1, 2009 at 8:01 AM Post #8 of 9
All the way down.
Just in case the built in amplifier draw some power even if its bypassed.

Feb 1, 2009 at 12:58 PM Post #9 of 9
actually I dont think it makes any difference whatsoever to the battery life whether you have it turbed up or down. the dac is feeding a different circuit while using line out, with nothing at the other side of the amplifier to draw current (ie. headphones to complete the circuit) there is no way it can draw power. also using line out has no effect on headphone out volume setting; it will stay just as you had it last time you used it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back