What unlikely places have you seen mid - high end headphones in use???
Jul 8, 2011 at 12:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Syan25

Headphoneus Supremus
Saw a guy in the pouring rain here in Taipei wearing his HD800's...yeah - that is right - did he know what he had on his head??? 

Make this thread your home for fun postings on real street encounters of head-fi kind... 

Jul 8, 2011 at 12:26 PM Post #2 of 22
My Grado in the rain, but under my hood

I saw a older gent. wearing Ultrasone Edition 10's at a dollar store before.

Jul 8, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #3 of 22
Guys, pics or it didn't happen. 
wink.gif

Jk.

Jul 12, 2011 at 1:01 PM Post #4 of 22
Quote:
Saw a guy in the pouring rain here in Taipei wearing his HD800's...yeah - that is right - did he know what he had on his head??? 

At least he wasn't wearing 'stats in the rain...

Jul 13, 2011 at 7:56 AM Post #6 of 22
I saw a guy wearing K601's on the Caltrain the other day combined with what seemed to be a Practical Devices XM4. I waved at him and pointed to my Grados and smiled and he gave me a thumbs up

Jul 13, 2011 at 6:55 PM Post #11 of 22
It's not always easy to catch headphones on the street with your cell phone camera - at least - I'm not of the generation that pops out cell phones to take pictures of people without their consent... 

Jul 13, 2011 at 7:44 PM Post #12 of 22
Quote:
It's not always easy to catch headphones on the street with your cell phone camera - at least - I'm not of the generation that pops out cell phones to take pictures of people without their consent... 

Agreed. Heck, sometimes just taking out your camera-phone isn't an instinctive thing to do.

Like last weekend at the Las Vegas strip when two BMW test mules drove in front of my face. I spent soo much time staring and wondering if they are the upcoming M5 and M6 convertible. By the time I remembered to try and take pictures, they were already at the next block. You'd think a car geek like me would automatically start snapping pics in a split second.....

Jul 13, 2011 at 10:38 PM Post #13 of 22
I saw a woman at my university library today on one of the computers. She was wearing a pair of ultrasones. Not sure, but I think they were 680s. I had to use the 'awkward glance, then look away quickly' technique so she wouldn't think I was crazy.

Jul 14, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #15 of 22
While I was attending a festival (Near Hilton Head, one of the cities close by) I saw a guy selling Skullcandy products (Even hats?) while wearing Audio Technica ES7's around his head. I paused, looked, and then walked away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back