What type of headphones are good for the psp?
Apr 1, 2006 at 12:31 PM Post #4 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse40902
It doesnt have to be portable headphones. Also does the PSp produce the same quality music compared to the ipod?

AFAIR the PSP doesn't sound that great. Wouldn't get anything too fancy, maybe PX100s or such... though I imagine something with good soundstaging/positioning might be advantageous. Maybe some refurb'd HD590s around the $100 mark, or perhaps a K240S for a bit less.

Apr 1, 2006 at 4:13 PM Post #5 of 25
Quote:

can you briefly explain in terms of what?

The PSP simply doesn't sound as good. It isn't a dedicated player, and the insides are pretty cluttered. I haven't owned one in some time, but I don't remember it being offensive sounding... the new 5g and nano iPods just sound a lot better.

Apr 1, 2006 at 4:51 PM Post #6 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
The PSP simply doesn't sound as good. It isn't a dedicated player, and the insides are pretty cluttered. I haven't owned one in some time, but I don't remember it being offensive sounding... the new 5g and nano iPods just sound a lot better.

Thanks merc, i was thinking i can use my psp for music. I guess that wont happen....Which ipod would you reccomend picking up ? They're all the same right?

Apr 1, 2006 at 5:09 PM Post #7 of 25
Before I got the ipod 5g i was using PSP (2gb MSpro-duo) temp.
It sounded normal, when amped its a tad better.
But of cos a dedicated pdp is still the better choice.
eggosmile.gif

Apr 1, 2006 at 5:13 PM Post #8 of 25
Quote:

Thanks merc, i was thinking i can use my psp for music. I guess that wont happen....Which ipod would you reccomend picking up ? They're all the same right?

The nano and 5th Gen are the best. I like the 5th gen (video) players better than the nano, but they both sound great.

I mean, the PSP isn't terrible. It has very little driving force though, but the quality is certainly better than some other mp3 players. It's just so easily outclassed by the iPod, you know?

Apr 1, 2006 at 5:21 PM Post #10 of 25
My son is useing my old pair of grado 125s with his psp.I took a listen the other day.It didn't sound to bad.Not great but good enough for a14 year old.

Apr 1, 2006 at 8:58 PM Post #12 of 25
I think the PSP sounds OK actually. Certainly more than good enough for casual listening / watching. Just the lack of power is a slight problem, so efficient phones only. Generally speaking the PSP likes high-efficiency (well over 100db/mw) / very low impedance (under 32ohms) phones the best. It keeps me entertained on flights with the UE10s.

Apr 1, 2006 at 9:31 PM Post #15 of 25
Quote:

Based on sound quality alone, is it worth to upgrade from psp to new Ipod for better sounding portable? Thanks

Wait... you're thinking about getting an ipod in order to compensate for the PSP's lack of sound quality?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back