What type of cable do i need for DT 990 Pro?
Jun 30, 2019 at 5:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

andreartiz05

New Head-Fier
Hi,
A few months ago i paid a guy on reddit to do a detachable cable mod on my DT990 Pro's 250 OHM. He put a 3.5mm jack on the earcup. The cable he used just broke yesterday and now i only have sound in one ear. What type of cable should i look for if i am using a Schiit Magni 2 amp

Jun 30, 2019 at 6:14 AM Post #2 of 6
Any half decent stereo auxiliary cable will work fine as long as the plug isn't too thick.
Generally avoid flat ribbon type cables, they're often heavier, less malleable and some of them can get rigid over time.

Don't bother with expensive, thick, boutique cables, as they are mostly just aesthetic and only add weight to the headphone.

Alternatively, Beyerdynamic sells it's own cable for the Custom One Pro if you want to stay true to the brand, but having said that, any 3-pole stereo 'headphone' cable from any brand will work.

Jun 30, 2019 at 6:53 AM Post #3 of 6
Any half decent stereo auxiliary cable will work fine as long as the plug isn't too thick.
Generally avoid flat ribbon type cables, they're often heavier, less malleable and some of them can get rigid over time.

Don't bother with expensive, thick, boutique cables, as they are mostly just aesthetic and only add weight to the headphone.

Alternatively, Beyerdynamic sells it's own cable for the Custom One Pro if you want to stay true to the brand, but having said that, any 3-pole stereo 'headphone' cable from any brand will work.

i would need a 1/8" to 1/4" male to male cable that is correct?

Jun 30, 2019 at 8:15 AM Post #4 of 6
3.5mm or 1/8" for the headphone end.
No idea which socket the Magni 2 uses as I don't own one, and it's not specified on their website.

And yes, you want male to male.

Jun 30, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #6 of 6
i would need a 1/8" to 1/4" male to male cable that is correct?
Yes male to male and the Magni does have a 1/4” output. Amazon has several to choose from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back