What to Upgrade to From Blessing 2 : Dusk
Jan 6, 2023 at 10:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

DelayedEnd

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I currently have a pair of Moondrop Blessing 2 : Dusk and I am considering an upgrade!

Ideally, it would have a similar tone to it, with more resolving power and a larger Soundstage.

I have a Cayin iHA-6 + TEAC UD-501 stack, so powering them should not be an issue.

Thank you in advance for any replys and thanks for reading!

Jan 8, 2023 at 8:36 AM Post #2 of 13
Hello,

I currently have a pair of Moondrop Blessing 2 : Dusk and I am considering an upgrade!

Ideally, it would have a similar tone to it, with more resolving power and a larger Soundstage.

I have a Cayin iHA-6 + TEAC UD-501 stack, so powering them should not be an issue.

Thank you in advance for any replys and thanks for reading!
What exactly is the budget you have? That would help a lot.

Jan 8, 2023 at 7:43 PM Post #4 of 13
Probably about 700-800, pretty flexible though if there's something above or below.
Sorry I took so long. I have not heard the Blessing 2 so I can't really give you a true upgrade from them. However, would you please go into detail as to what exactly you like about the Blessing 2 so I can get a sense of what to recommend?

Jan 8, 2023 at 7:51 PM Post #5 of 13
Sorry I took so long. I have not heard the Blessing 2 so I can't really give you a true upgrade from them. However, would you please go into detail as to what exactly you like about the Blessing 2 so I can get a sense of what to recommend?
The big thing that I like about them is their resolving power, but I feel it could be a lot better. I like the tuning a lot, it is Harman-ish.
FR Graph: https://crinacle.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Dusk-Production-768x354.jpg
One thing that I would want to be improved over them is the soundstage. It's not bad but it's really like a traditional, not great IEM soundstage.

Jan 8, 2023 at 8:17 PM Post #6 of 13
The big thing that I like about them is their resolving power, but I feel it could be a lot better. I like the tuning a lot, it is Harman-ish.
FR Graph: https://crinacle.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Dusk-Production-768x354.jpg
One thing that I would want to be improved over them is the soundstage. It's not bad but it's really like a traditional, not great IEM soundstage.
Ok then, here's a few.

• Xenns Mangrid Top
  • Dunu SA6
  • Moondrop Variations (probably the most linear upgrade)
  • ThieAudio Monarch MK2 (if you can spring for them / can be found for $700-800 here on Head-Fi)

Jan 8, 2023 at 11:05 PM Post #8 of 13
Thanks for the suggestions! I'll check those out!
You got it. I got more recommends of good IEM's as a whole if you are interested.

Jan 14, 2023 at 8:39 AM Post #10 of 13
Since you like Blessing 2 Dusk, the Monarch MKII is a quite safe upgrade. Manngird Xenns Top is also great, personally I would have gone with this if you want a better polished B2 Dusk.
Screenshot_20230114-143814.png

Jan 17, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #12 of 13
I would guess that an upgrade to the B2D (which I haven't heard) is the Variations, and those are very Harman tuned. I own the monarchs and while they are like S tier for their midrange they do lack some punch in the bass, can't really comment on the treble.

Jan 18, 2023 at 4:21 PM Post #13 of 13
I would guess that an upgrade to the B2D (which I haven't heard) is the Variations, and those are very Harman tuned. I own the monarchs and while they are like S tier for their midrange they do lack some punch in the bass, can't really comment on the treble.
I’ve had the B2 og (but emulated the Dusk with PEQ) and still own Variations and SA6 Ultra.

The Variations is a more extreme tuning than B2D, with a big dip from mid bass to lower mids. Works great for K-Pop but not so good for many other genres.

SA6 (Ultra) on the other hand is really good for the money, bass is surprisingly full yet also really detailed and textured. Midrange is forward but not shouty. Lower midrange not recessed. Weaknesses are ultimate detail, layer separation and staging, but that’s compared to way more expensive IEMs like the Sony IER-Z1R or IER-M9.

I have not heard the Monarch, which should be a great option if you like the sub-bass / upper midrange focus. For a really balanced tuning the SA6 is great IMO. I find myself grabbing it a lot…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back