What to get now?
Mar 29, 2006 at 8:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

kwitel

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Posts
3,087
Likes
15
I just cant get into PT's "Lightbulb Sun"...and its really bothering me. I have In Absentia and Deadwing already and I cant get enough of either.
I feel like LS doesnt hold a candle to the above two albums, the first half of it IMO is repetetive and generic sounding while certain songs are downright annoying. On the other hand, the second half is brilliant and feels to me like a completely different album; more complex and layered.
I didnt think id ever not love anything by PT...

Im kinda moving backward throught the discography, which album to try now?
Looking for the darker, more psychidelic material (if there is any).
 
Mar 29, 2006 at 9:44 AM Post #2 of 4

Floodedstatue

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 31, 2005
Posts
230
Likes
1
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwitel
Im kinda moving backward throught the discography, which album to try now?
Looking for the darker, more psychidelic material (if there is any).



'Signify' is darker and more psychadelic. Contains a couple of my all-time favourite PT tracks ('Waiting' and 'Dark Matter'). Definitely the next one for you to try and sounds like it should be right up your alley!
 
Mar 29, 2006 at 3:19 PM Post #3 of 4

PaulBoy

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 18, 2005
Posts
110
Likes
6
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwitel
I just cant get into PT's "Lightbulb Sun"...and its really bothering me. I have In Absentia and Deadwing already and I cant get enough of either.
Looking for the darker, more psychidelic material (if there is any).



kwitel - strange that as I love LS and would almost prefer it to IA & Deadwing - as floodedstatue says "Signify" is darker & more psychadelic certainly less mainstream than LS (IMHO) - I didn't like it at first as its so different to LS - perhaps you should give LS another listen as it might grow on you (?)
Paul
wink.gif
 
Mar 29, 2006 at 5:22 PM Post #4 of 4

kwitel

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Posts
3,087
Likes
15
Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulBoy
kwitel - strange that as I love LS and would almost prefer it to IA & Deadwing - as floodedstatue says "Signify" is darker & more psychadelic certainly less mainstream than LS (IMHO) - I didn't like it at first as its so different to LS - perhaps you should give LS another listen as it might grow on you (?)
Paul
wink.gif



Its growing on me already...but there are still a few tracks that I just skip right over. This is a problem for me when I love a band...I almost need to love every song on an album.
Ill keep listening.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top