What to do about a Brainwavz B400 with broken tips?
Sep 6, 2019 at 12:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

funnyjoke

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I have these B400s but they've had their tips broken for a while. I contacted Brainwavz customer support and they wanted me to send the IEMs to them but I could not do that because my country (Pakistan) doesn't allow electronics to be shipped internationally. Now, if I fix them myself with a very strong glue, it would, as the customer support guy said, void their warranty which is still valid for another year.

What should I do? Here's a picture that shows how they're broken.

b400s.jpg

Sorry if this thread doesn't belong here, or for asking this altogether, but I really need to know what I can do with them. Would it be wise to use a strong glue such as an 'elfy' on them to fix them?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #2 of 11
Sep 9, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #4 of 11
2019-09-09 15.55.59.jpg
Are you kidding me?
This has just happened to mine a few days ago. I slept with mine for months until they gave up
To be honest I don't think glue can help.
I'll probably buy something else in $200 range

Sep 9, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #5 of 11
Are you kidding me?
This has just happened to mine a few days ago. I slept with mine for months until they gave up
To be honest I don't think glue can help.
I'll probably buy something else in $200 range

Yeah, this happened to another guy here on Head-Fi (saw it in the B400 thread) but he got them replaced or something, so that's good.
My other tip came off too because it got stuck in the comply foam tips I was using or something.

Pretty sad that even though it's a 200$ IEM, the materials used were so fragile. It is a nice IEM though, and I wanna hold on to it. I'll try to get the warranty claimed somehow. :D

Sep 9, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #6 of 11
Hey guys,

I have these B400s but they've had their tips broken for a while. I contacted Brainwavz customer support and they wanted me to send the IEMs to them but I could not do that because my country (Pakistan) doesn't allow electronics to be shipped internationally. Now, if I fix them myself with a very strong glue, it would, as the customer support guy said, void their warranty which is still valid for another year.

What should I do? Here's a picture that shows how they're broken.

Sorry if this thread doesn't belong here, or for asking this altogether, but I really need to know what I can do with them. Would it be wise to use a strong glue such as an 'elfy' on them to fix them?

Thanks.

Just to inform you. I just tried and super-glued them. To my amazement the seal is holding ... For now.

Sep 10, 2019 at 2:34 AM Post #8 of 11
Go with the warranty first. If that doesn't work out then try super glue.
And yes for now it's alright. I was afraid I might get some glue in the nozzle but I guess I managed to do it right. Sound is unchanged.

Sep 10, 2019 at 4:49 AM Post #9 of 11
Go with the warranty first. If that doesn't work out then try super glue.
And yes for now it's alright. I was afraid I might get some glue in the nozzle but I guess I managed to do it right. Sound is unchanged.
Ok, but can you tell me one more thing? One of the rings that are directly visible when the nozzle tip is broken is missing from one of the sides of my B400. Is that an issue?

Also, don’t you have warranty?

Sep 10, 2019 at 7:22 AM Post #10 of 11
Like you see here in my pic both of sound tubes are here. And that's one more reason for you to play the warranty card first. If you have one of the tubes missing I sincerely doubt the sound will remain unchanged like in my case.
My B400 were outside of warranty period so I had nothing to loose and nothing to mess up. And to be frank I did abuse them, few hours every day I even slept with them, so no wonder here. Nevertheless I ordered another brand iem of all metal construction with let's say similar or actually hopefully better sound signature. B400
IMG_20190909_155306~01~01.jpg
are too fragile and now they're going to my wife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back