What the Sony V6's look like on someones head
Nov 6, 2002 at 9:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

JVOBIKER

Head-Fier
I am getting ready to buy the Sony V6 headphone and a Supermini amp when they come back in stock. I have never really worn headphones of that size and I wanted to see what they look like on a persons head. I don't really know how big they are and I just wanted to get an idea what they will look like when I put them on.

Nov 6, 2002 at 9:32 PM Post #2 of 17
Why does everyone go for the V6's rather then the Sony MDR-CD900ST's if they like the sony sound so much. From what ive heard these are much better versions of the V6

Nov 6, 2002 at 9:42 PM Post #3 of 17
The reason I am getting the V6's is because they are much less expensive. I want to buy the amp as well and I don't want to spend too much.

Nov 6, 2002 at 9:45 PM Post #4 of 17
If you watch Howard Stern, then I believe that you've seen the v6/7506's on someone's head. Having just purchased these phones on Saturday, I did a double-take when I looked up at the TV and THERE THEY WERE. After getting up closer to the screen for a better look, I'm pretty sure that those are in fact the phones that he wears.

Not that I'm a big Howard Stern fan. I was just flipping channels...

Nov 6, 2002 at 10:05 PM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by mercid
Why does everyone go for the V6's rather then the Sony MDR-CD900ST's if they like the sony sound so much. From what ive heard these are much better versions of the V6

I think the V6's go against that Sony sound...it's like the person child.

Nov 6, 2002 at 10:46 PM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by gloco
I think the V6's go against that Sony sound...it's like the person child.

What is the Sony sound?

Nov 6, 2002 at 10:49 PM Post #8 of 17
The funny thing is that on my huge head the MDR-7509 looks like the 7506s look on other people. I'm sure the 7506 will look like Eggos
biggrin.gif

Nov 6, 2002 at 10:51 PM Post #9 of 17
The V6/7506 is a real workhorse behind-the-scenes in entertainment. Here in Los Angeles/Hollywood I have seen lots of technical folks wearing them at live music venues and at movie/tv shoots. They're also used a lot in studios.

Nov 6, 2002 at 11:29 PM Post #10 of 17
Yes, that's all true -- but the guy wants a picture of them on someone. I'd post a picture of them on me, but my free webspace is down apparently. Meanwhile, here are some people wearing the V6/7506 (red/blue), courtesty everyone's favorite headphone picture site:

sandyclose.gif
pic29.jpg
jlo3.jpg
pic28.jpg
pic22.jpg
pic32.jpg
Martina_Hingis.jpg
Mvc-164s_2jpg.jpg

Etc, etc. That site doesn't have many pictures of men, but I did manage to find that one. If they're cute enough for J-Lo, they're cute enough for you.

kerely

Nov 7, 2002 at 6:42 AM Post #13 of 17
i seem to recall a picture of a prominent looking, shaved head guy wearing sony v6's at that hawaii head-fi meet....

who was that again?

we should post that picture
very_evil_smiley.gif

EDIT: haha....i finally found the pic again....hehe....

fe12ea3a.jpg.orig.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back