What The Heck Is That? The Head-Fi Edition
Aug 7, 2016 at 4:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

HAWKEYE7

100+ Head-Fier
“Beyond the River of the Blessed,
there we sat down, yea, we wept,
when we remembered MTGNews.
Our swords were shattered in our hands
and we hung our shields on the oak tree.
The silver towers were fallen,
into a sea of blood.
How many miles to MTGNews?
None, I say, and all.
The silver towers are fallen.”

In another place, in another time,
I was created and I created. On a site that is no more.
I created a game and I called that game What The Heck Is That?
I would like to start a new version of the same game here

It was based on one of the threads I liked a lot, The Fallen Evincar's "Guess Who" game which was straight forward, challenging and fun.
This one is just like it, but instead of posting a picture of a portion of a person’s face, I will post a picture of what might be anything.
The object, you guessed it, is to guess What The Heck It Is.

The rules are simple:
1) as many guesses as needed to identify the picture.
2) each person gets one guess per update.
3) you can ask one yes or no question along with your guess. I will answer only yes or no to the question and keep a running list of the questions for review.
4) the first person to guess correctly gets the point for the question. I am the final word on what the correct answer is. Unless otherwise stated I am looking for the specific name or title of the object shown.
5) I will periodically update the answers to the questions and the score when I see the correct answer.
6) If two people post the correct answer at the same time they will both get points.

Remember, this is just a game and the object of the game is to have FUN. So let's have some.
With all that said, LET’S GET STARTED!!!

Aug 7, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #2 of 24

Aug 7, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #3 of 24

It was based on one of the threads I liked a lot, The Fallen Evincar's "Guess Who" game which was straight forward, challenging and fun.
This one is just like it, but instead of posting a picture of a portion of a person’s face, I will post a picture of what might be anything.
I would like to start a new version of the same game here.

The rules are simple:
3) you can ask one yes or no question along with your guess. I will answer only yes or no to the question and keep a running list of the questions for review.
4) the first person to guess correctly gets the point for the question.
5) I will periodically update the answers to the questions and the score when I see the correct answer.
6) If two people post the correct answer at the same time they will both get points.

Remember, this is just a game and the object of the game is to have FUN. So let's have some FUN!

Is it the Sanity Bucket "T"?, no, it is not.
Is it the Revel Mooneyes?, no, it is not.

Aug 7, 2016 at 10:01 PM Post #5 of 24

Aug 8, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #6 of 24
You Are Correct SIR!
It is the Mysterion, not the plastic model but the actual car!
http://www.hotrod.com/articles/0601rc-ed-roth-custom-hot-rod/
Twin V-8 engines, 6 Carburators!!!! WAY COOL!
“Ed built the Mysterion in his Maywood, California, “Studio” in 1962. He and righthand-man “Dirty” Doug Kinney built the outlandish body and nose by Roth’s patented “spitwad” method and shaped it to a figure that appeared exclusively to Ed. He then laminated the plaster buck with a resin-soaked fiberglass mat and once the resin kicked, Ed and Dirty chipped the plaster buck out of the “body.” Ed then left Dirty Doug with sharp tools and explicit instructions: Make it smooth. Unorthodox? You bet … even by today’s standards.”
-----------------------------------------------------------------

The rules are simple:

Remember, this is just a game and the object of the game is to have FUN. So let's have some FUN!

SCORES:
[color=rgb(0, 102, 204)]Redcarmoose[/color] – 1
All others - 0

Aug 8, 2016 at 11:32 AM Post #8 of 24
Are we not suppose to use reverse image search?

Aug 8, 2016 at 1:43 PM Post #9 of 24
cool.gif

no, but that's ok. I'll have to come up with a way to protect against that.
Let's see what I can do.

Aug 8, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #10 of 24
Whatever doesn’t kill us makes us stronger.
Thank you Redcarmoose for pointing out that technology has, once again advanced to do things for us that we used to have to do for ourselves. In the future all the pictures will not be able to be reverse image searched. At least to the extent that I can check that. There may always be some new program of service that I am not aware of. If someone would be kind enough, as Redcarmoose has done, point out a service that does reverse image search the picture I have posted, I would greatly appreciate it.

Oh and this counts as a correct answer for Redcarmoose! Well done Sir.

And now, Back to the Game!!!!!

The rules are simple:

SCORES:
[color=rgb(0, 102, 204)]Redcarmoose[/color] – 2
All others - 0

Aug 9, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #12 of 24

The rules are simple:

SCORES:
[color=rgb(0, 102, 204)][u]Redcarmoose[/u][/color] – 2
All others - 0

Guesses/Questions
Is it dirty toenails? no, remember you can ask a yes/no question along with your guess.

Aug 10, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #14 of 24

The rules are simple:

SCORES:
[color=rgb(0, 102, 204)][u][u]Redcarmoose[/u][/u][/color] – 2
All others - 0

Guesses/Questions
Is it dirty toenails? no, remember you can ask a yes/no question along with your guess.
Is it alien snot...? no, remember you can ask a yes/no question along with your guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back