What songs make your ears have an eargasm?
Aug 28, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #31 of 72

Aug 28, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #32 of 72
Quote:
yep, when they were younger and Perry was keep'n the alcohol intake under control they really made some magic!!
Slow Divers
I have a bootleg from the mixing board of the MIlan show and the version of Ted (Nothing Shocking) is devastating...too bad they didn't clean it up and put it on the Kettle Whistle release.
There was an interview with Perry where he wanted to put it on but for some reason it was left off...  damn shame

I have the self-titled album, Nothing's Shocking, and Ritual....the stuff with the original line-up before they parted ways.  Are any of the others worth getting? I can't imagine any variant of them without that core 4 members being as good.

Aug 28, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #34 of 72
Kettle Whistle is definately worth picking up as well the original live album released on XXX label

Kettle whistle has some great live takes of Three Days, Jane Says, Mountain Song, Stop, Up the Beach...
also has Slow Divers and then a few iffy flea tracks plus an alt version of Caught Steal'n

It's worth it just for the live cuts if your a Janes fan and the recording quality is pretty decent

Aug 28, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #37 of 72
Quote:
Kettle Whistle is definately worth picking up as well the original live album released on XXX label

Kettle whistle has some great live takes of Three Days, Jane Says, Mountain Song, Stop, Up the Beach...
also has Slow Divers and then a few iffy flea tracks plus an alt version of Caught Steal'n

It's worth it just for the live cuts if your a Janes fan and the recording quality is pretty decent

Thanks for the info!
And back on topic...

Aug 28, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #40 of 72
Aug 29, 2012 at 1:16 AM Post #44 of 72
Quote:
Muddy Waters'  Folk Singer HDAD DVD audio. This thing is unbelievable.  It's like having Muddy, Buddy Guy and Willie Dixon sitting right next to you. You can hear the slide hit every fret. This is truly a demonstration quality disc.

Hell yes to this. I have the MFSL release and it is stunning, even through my mid-fi portable setup. It is a real treasure. A song that I love that sounds amazing to me is "Shadow Captain" by Crosby, Stills, and Nash. It has beautiful harmonies throughout and a lovely crescendo at the end...it is absolute ear candy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back