What Song is This? Perhaps My Lamest Post Ever.
Jan 18, 2006 at 6:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

wolfen68

Headphoneus Supremus
I cannot figure out what song this is. I'm pretty sure it's a mainstream tune and nothing special, but it still mocks me in that I haven't been able to figure out who does it (or what its called).

OK, don't make fun of me
biggrin.gif

It was on a Corr's Beer commercial some time ago (last year?). It's an instrumental dance-like tune that has also been getting some play during NFL football games. It has a distinctive beat and the only words I'm aware of are a rapid "Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah" in the chorus (if it is the chorus).

Not much to go on, any ideas?

Jan 18, 2006 at 7:13 PM Post #2 of 14
Uh, Firestarter by The Prodigy, when the Art of Noise clip comes in with "Yeahyeahyeahyeah?" Or Bono with his U2's Vertigo? I bet you'd know those yeahyeahyeahs tho. Hmm. Surely not that college marching band song where they all go YEAH after each phrase by the trombones?

Jan 18, 2006 at 7:21 PM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68
It's not Vertigo or a marching band tune. It's all instrumental dance type stuff. I haven't listened to The Prodigy...maybe that's it?

Yeah, go to amazon.com and check out a clip of Firestarter from Prodigy's "The Fat of the Land."

Jan 18, 2006 at 8:55 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68
Nope...that's not it. It's way more "techno" than that. All instrumental other than "yeah yeahs" and an occasional "wheww!"....LOL.

Dude, you got me stumped. Are the "yeahs" and "whews" yelled by a girl or guy?

Jan 18, 2006 at 9:37 PM Post #9 of 14
Rats. I wave the white flag, I have no idea.
mad.gif

Jan 19, 2006 at 6:24 AM Post #11 of 14
Lol yeah I bet it was a techno version of Do You Wanna Touch Me (Oh Yeah) by Gary Glitter!
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 19, 2006 at 6:26 AM Post #12 of 14
Hi wolfen68,

Check out this thread: http://adtunes.com/forums/index.php?...13637&hl=coors

And the post by shabri regarding Mophonics. Follow link and under portfolio you'll find the Coor's Light "Icehouse" commercial at the top-right corner.

Hope it isn't just another original made-for-advertisement song...
frown.gif

adtunes is also THE site I go to for commercial music questions, btw

---

edit: oops maybe just a weird coincidence

Jan 19, 2006 at 6:29 AM Post #13 of 14
hmm i checked out that vid but the music was more like slow banghra, not fast techno, and the yeahs were by a gal not a guy - it's probably a diff tune?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back