What software do you play video clips with?
Feb 28, 2006 at 7:01 PM Post #22 of 30
Zoom player + Nvidia DVD decoder + FFDSHOW post processing, Reclock for Kernal Streaming. All gravy baby.
icon10.gif

My Audgy NX spits 5.1 over S/PDIF to my Pana XR55S. Sony 34" Widescreen.

Here's a Basic Guide to postprocessing.

Edit: oh yeah, I use the remote that came with the NX as a Zoomplayer remote. It's really neat. You have to get girder, Here's the guide If your lazy and don't want to go to the mouse. I use the remote to navigate.

Edit 2. Zoomplayer has a Media Library Navigator. I'll post a pic to show what it looks like in a sec. Really sweet.

It's nice because I have several harddrives on two computers. Around 2 tb of anime rips
smily_headphones1.gif
It lists every file on that navigator list from wherever alphabetically and you can have it play the next file in dir after play. You can make the navigator clear, but that's only under overlay mode. You want wmr9 renderless for optimal quality.

Mar 1, 2006 at 12:42 AM Post #23 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by felixkrull6
I also use MPC and BSPlayer but how do I tell which which version is the one without the spyware?

Go to the BS Player site and check out the forum... there's an announcement and plenty of discussion.

Mar 1, 2006 at 1:50 AM Post #25 of 30
For those of you who've purchased ZoomPlayer, what do you use to decode audio and video? AC3Filter works (I think) for audio but nothing works for video. My only "registered" option is Nero and that doesn't work.. :[

Mar 1, 2006 at 3:06 AM Post #26 of 30
Zoom Player (Pro), or alternately MPC. MPC is mostly a fall back as it is a pain with multi monitor setups. Any click off the app and goodbye full screen. Zoom player allows me to keep full screen on the primary monitor while doing something on the secondary. Add to that, that I can have the controls up on the second monitor instead of overlaying on the video itself, and things are just a lot nicer. Pro gives me the ability to fine tune what filters are used when, and automatic stream switching makes sure I always have the audio and sub stream I want selected no matter the default. They all have their quirks, but through my testing of BSP, VLC, CMP, MPC, and ZP... its ZP that I ultimately settled down with.

Mar 1, 2006 at 3:22 AM Post #27 of 30
Media Player Classic all the way!
And PowerDVD 6 for DVDs
580smile.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 8:45 AM Post #28 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wipeout
For those of you who've purchased ZoomPlayer, what do you use to decode audio and video?

What kind of audio and video are you talking about? Zoomplayer doesn't come with it's own codecs. You have to install them yourself. The only difference in the (normal)registered version is the dvd mode, which allows you to watch dvd's through zoomplayer with a lot of customization options. You still need your own dvd decoder though, like the free dscaler codec.

Mar 4, 2006 at 8:54 PM Post #30 of 30
VLC or QuickTime Player, depending which container and codec it contains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back