What software do you play video clips with?
Feb 27, 2006 at 3:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

Wipeout

New Head-Fier
I'm using Winamp and Media Player Classic, but want something more like foobar that plays video. I wonder if it'd be possible for foobar to play video.. hmm. This is just for my gaming computer, NVIDIA nForce 2 with MCP-T southbridge, running a pair of Grado SR-80s unamped.. I use PowerDVD for the HTPC even though I don't really like that.

Feb 27, 2006 at 4:05 AM Post #2 of 30
I use Media Player Classic, Zoom player and VLC. I should probably uninstall one of them though.

Feb 27, 2006 at 6:23 AM Post #4 of 30
Best media player ever:

MPlayer

http://mplayerhq.hu

Free, open source, for Windows and Unix. No GUI though; you just drag a video/audio file onto it. It plays *everything*.

Feb 27, 2006 at 7:42 AM Post #7 of 30
Generally I use VLC. I has not failed me yet. It will even play a lot of partial files that failed to fully download.

Feb 27, 2006 at 8:15 AM Post #8 of 30
If you're using your computer as a htpc and you output the video signal to an external device like projector or tv I'd say Zoomplayer is the best way to go. It is very neat and customizable and allows you to zoom the picture so it fits the screen you're using. In order to use the DVD features you have to register though.

Btw. To anyone interested, you can actually upscale the resolution of dvd material to almost hdtv quality by using ffdshow's resizing features. It uses a lot of cpu power though. Here's a guide on how to do it: http://www.htpcnews.com/main.php?id=ffdshowdvd_1

Feb 27, 2006 at 8:45 PM Post #11 of 30
vlc and real alternative/media player classic gets the job done for me. i used to rely on winamp, but it's very limited compared to vlc.

Feb 27, 2006 at 11:10 PM Post #13 of 30
Zoomplayer is hard to beat. I have VLC and Media Player on my laptop, but Zoomplayer has always been the one that I use all the time. So that says it all - its phenomenal

Feb 27, 2006 at 11:28 PM Post #14 of 30
I was a MPlayer user for years (on linux and then w/ the win32 port) but have become a VLC convert after realizing it has a much better user interface and uses the same libraries to decode formats. It's the best of both worlds on Windows at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back