What social networks do you use most?
Dec 20, 2009 at 7:48 AM Post #16 of 23
NONE.

I don't have a desire to toot my own horn or read rants and raves of others. Of course Head-Fi is an exception!

Dec 20, 2009 at 8:12 AM Post #17 of 23
It used to be Myspace and Facebook. I deleted the Myspace for work purposes. They can really dig up dirt on you that way.

Dec 20, 2009 at 9:04 AM Post #18 of 23
None.
MSN, Lotus Sametime, Email, SMS and phone calls is all I need to keep contact with people. Not counting face to face talks of course...

Dec 23, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwirugby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No response category for none?

Aren't they all a bit presumptuous and self-indulgent?

I fail to see how tools for finding long-lost-buddies (FB) or keeping in touch with business contacts (LinkedIn) make one arrogant at all...

and it's only self-indulgent to the point of not wanting to forget people or lose contact with them again...

reading a lot of these comments, it seems people fail to see the point of these networking sites - that is, NETWORKING! it's rather odd to see everyone on their high-horse about using the telephone/email exclusively, because this implies that networking sites are just fancy messaging services. and if this were the case, yall would be right. however, perhaps I am alone here, but I do not have the cell phone numbers of my old high school friends (only the most spoiled kids had cells back then), and there is no faster way to double-check a potential interviewer's job description before calling them up.

Dec 23, 2009 at 4:45 AM Post #21 of 23
I joined FB because my HS class started conversing with each other after our 35 year reunion a couple of years ago. It's a great way to keep in touch with old friends and check out those babes I dated in HS... and their grand kids. One or two are still babes. All of them have grand kids.

Dec 23, 2009 at 6:40 AM Post #22 of 23
I stay away from all forms of social networking sites. I don't even have MSN. I have a bit of an addictive psyche, and I know how easily I'd get sucked in. They are also huge time wasters, and I waste enough time with just regular internet browsing as it is. Privacy is also another concern, and having already been stalked once I do my best to keep a low profile online.

Dec 23, 2009 at 6:46 AM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Armaegis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I stay away from all forms of social networking sites. I don't even have MSN. I have a bit of an addictive psyche, and I know how easily I'd get sucked in. They are also huge time wasters, and I waste enough time with just regular internet browsing as it is. Privacy is also another concern, and having already been stalked once I do my best to keep a low profile online.

Smart move. Someone created a Facebook profile for me and I got sucked in for a while. I finally grew enough sense to pull out and privatize everything.
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back