What smells do you really love?
Apr 23, 2004 at 3:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 132

Tuberoller

Divorced an Orpheus to keep his wife.
We always talk about what we like to hear and the sounds that get us going. I have some very specific,sometimes goofy scents that do it for me.

I love the smell of Racing gas(specifically Sonoco 120 Red). That's why I'm posting now. I just came inside from running my race car in the garage and the smell of the burning race gas is awesome. Even my wife loves it.

I like the smell of cinnamon rolls(though I don't really like the taste). I like the smell of new tires,burning rubber and the leather smell in new cars. I like the smell of walnut wood being cut. I like the smell of freshly cut grass. I like the smell of the Lilac bushes right outside my bedroom window. I like the smell inside a new helmet. I like the smell of the leather chair in my room.

I'm sure you all know I'm a Firefighter and if you know any other Firefighters they can probably tell you that our sense of smell is lost after years of inhaling smoke. I just got mine back this past few months since I've been off sick and I am enjoying aromatic delights more than ever.

What smells good to you?

Apr 23, 2004 at 3:09 AM Post #2 of 132
i like the smell of old books, new magazines and a pretty girl's hair in the morning as i try to remember her name.
cool.gif

Apr 23, 2004 at 3:18 AM Post #3 of 132
The smell of new CD's and motherboards/electronic equipment component boards.

Apr 23, 2004 at 3:24 AM Post #4 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuberoller
We always talk about what we like to hear and the sounds that get us going. I have some very specific,sometimes goofy scents that do it for me.

I love the smell of Racing gas(specifically Sonoco 120 Red). That's why I'm posting now. I just came inside from running my race car in the garage and the smell of the burning race gas is awesome. Even my wife loves it.

I like the smell of cinnamon rolls(though I don't really like the taste). I like the smell of new tires,burning rubber and the leather smell in new cars. I like the smell of walnut wood being cut. I like the smell of freshly cut grass. I like the smell of the Lilac bushes right outside my bedroom window. I like the smell inside a new helmet. I like the smell of the leather chair in my room.

I'm sure you all know I'm a Firefighter and if you know any other Firefighters they can probably tell you that our sense of smell is lost after years of inhaling smoke. I just got mine back this past few months since I've been off sick and I am enjoying aromatic delights more than ever.

What smells good to you?

Wow, I thought I would read this post, say my favorites, and be the only freak who felt this way!

My favorite, favorite smell is probably vulcanized tire rubber. Ahh, just the thought of smelling that is bringing tears to these eyes. I LOVE that smell.

I thought I would be the only one!

Hmm, next?? Umm, asphalt rates up there. Extra spicy garlic soy stir frys. I would also agree with you, new car smells and new helmet smell (are we getting a drift here, hmmm??
tongue.gif
)

Smell of a waterfall (and I live 300 feet from one! Eat your hearts out, guys).

Animal dung.

Rainforests.

Apr 23, 2004 at 3:33 AM Post #6 of 132
I love the smell of laundry fresh out of the dryer. Man, there's really nothing else like that. What a wonderful scent. I want to bury myself in it.

I also love the smell of cigarettes. Not lit cigarettes -- I hate tobacco smoke -- unlit cigarettes. They smell damn good. I don't smoke, though. Also even weirder -- I'm quite fond of the way something smells when it's been in the house of a smoker.

I love the smell of my girlfriend's perfume, and the way her room and her clothes and her hair smells and the way she smells when she gets out of the shower. I love some of her other smells, but those aren't really kosher for this forum.
tongue.gif

- Chris

Apr 23, 2004 at 3:40 AM Post #7 of 132
i love it when a woman carries the scent of spicy sausages

no seriously, marijuana is amongst the best smelling substance i've ever come across. Atleast plant wise

Apr 23, 2004 at 3:41 AM Post #8 of 132
The sense of smell can be very powerful and bring back some very old memories.

My favorites (not in any order):
Ocean air
thunderstorm air
crayola crayons (I always get childhood flashbacks)
permanent markers
wood burning in a fireplace
(tube you must hate that smell!)
downy fabric softner
garlic
new car smell
the female scent

Apr 23, 2004 at 3:46 AM Post #9 of 132
i like the smell of the rain in oregon when it first rains, and the ground soaks it up, and the smells rise up from the earth, the smell is so dense and full.

i like the smell of old books for sure, but comics even more so.

i like the smell of a good cigar

and man do i love the smell of baby back ribs

DAMN!

Apr 23, 2004 at 3:51 AM Post #10 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by minya
I also love the smell of cigarettes. Not lit cigarettes -- I hate tobacco smoke -- unlit cigarettes. They smell damn good. I don't smoke, though.

you have GOT to get to a cigar shop. after all, cigars and pipes use real tobacco, and cigarettes are 90% chemicals.

my favorite by far is the ocean. and i don't mean jones beach or whatever coastline crap they call ocean up here, i'm talking south florida beaches at night. ahh how i miss it.

i really like the smell of new cds. i used to work in a record store when i was in high school, and there was just something about the smell that i loved. it's the smell of fresh plastic that hasn't been touched by the air yet. i dunno if it's really the smell, or the fact that the music is embedded somewhere down in there, but i really do enjoy it.

Apr 23, 2004 at 3:55 AM Post #11 of 132
Without a doubt, p***y. GO TO BED, LITTLE ONES! Why are you reading this?

- Sir Mister Matt

Edited by mod for content: watch it dude we got kids here.

Apr 23, 2004 at 3:56 AM Post #12 of 132
Sweet Grass. Just driving down a country road and smelling sweet grass. I have to take some really big inhalations. I usually slow down.

The smell of wild herbs growing in a meadow. Again, usually when I'm driving down a country road.

The smell of the desert after a big rain. Usually driving at about 2500 feet altitude.

Baby oil and baby powder.

Apr 23, 2004 at 4:00 AM Post #13 of 132
Some people use air fresheners in their bedrooms. I just happen to have some pipe tobacco lying around and i tell ya, it's great. Other smells I like that haven't been mentioned: wd40, grape scratch n sniff stickers, passion fruit, and the old Fleecy formula for the green bottle before they changed it in '92 - no kidding.

Apr 23, 2004 at 4:02 AM Post #14 of 132
I also like the smell of Vinyl records. If you know what I mean.......you know what I mean.

Apr 23, 2004 at 4:03 AM Post #15 of 132
The ocean, late summer evenings when the air is heavy and hot, early spring when the flowers first start blooming, the smell right after a rainstorm... hmm, I can only think of outdoor stuff at the moment... I guess cuz I spend way too much time indoors
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back