What should i get Please Help me so conufsed, HD 700? or Schiit Bifrost w/ Gen 2 USB?
Jun 28, 2015 at 5:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mesamitch

New Head-Fier
Hey guys right now i own a Schiit Modi / schiit Valhalla 2 / Sennheiser HD 650 Head phones

i was wondering should i get

Sennheiser HD700 headphone
or
Schiit Bifrost dac with the USB Gen 2 input?

have no clue what the HD700's sound like
but mainly i listen to Rock, Alternative, Rap, Metal, Hip Hop, and music like Adele don't know what genre that is lol
and play LOTS of video games lol

wish i had enough for both but i just blew 900 bucks on a new graphics card for my computer 
and i just seen the hd700s on amazon for 559 and i have been freaking out sense 

what would you guys rather get? 
any help is appreciated 
Thanks guys!

Jun 28, 2015 at 11:23 PM Post #3 of 7
For what it's worth, I like the HD 650 a lot more than the HD 700. Of course, it's always better to have more than one headphone around, but I do not recommend the HD 700 under any circumstances. (That doesn't mean you won't like it.) There are far better headphones available at or under its price range. As for DACs, I recommend getting more than one (including an affordable one) and comparing them, to make sure you hear a difference in the first place.

Jun 29, 2015 at 12:51 AM Post #6 of 7
For what it's worth, I like the HD 650 a lot more than the HD 700. Of course, it's always better to have more than one headphone around, but I do not recommend the HD 700 under any circumstances. (That doesn't mean you won't like it.) There are far better headphones available at or under its price range. As for DACs, I recommend getting more than one (including an affordable one) and comparing them, to make sure you hear a difference in the first place.

I got the sennheiser hd8 dj and audio technica ath m50x and some bose in ear with noise cancellation but only one pair of audiophile head phones so that's why I was thinking of getting the hd 700 and plus sense they are 500 bucks and not 750 or a 1000

What do the 700s sound like?

And does adding a dac make a huge difference In sound quality?

Jun 29, 2015 at 1:07 AM Post #7 of 7
I got the sennheiser hd8 dj and audio technica ath m50x and some bose in ear with noise cancellation but only one pair of audiophile head phones so that's why I was thinking of getting the hd 700 and plus sense they are 500 bucks and not 750 or a 1000

What do the 700s sound like?

And does adding a dac make a huge difference In sound quality?

To my ears, the HD 700 had bright, piercing treble, somewhat muffled mids, and weak bass. Some would say it's because I was only using a Schiit Fulla to drive it, but I think that's nonsense. Anyway, I like the Yamaha HPH-MT220, Focal Spirit Professional, HIFIMAN HE400i, Sennheiser HD 650, Sony MDR-7506, and even Bose QuietComfort 15 much more than the HD 700.

Probably not, but it could make a difference in your system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back