What, should I buy?
Oct 25, 2016 at 11:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

tranqui1ity

Head-Fier
Hey guys, sorry for the completely ambiguous title, but to be honestly I don't even know if I should buy anything (thus the comma after "what"), or maybe I'm just being crazy.

Here's the deal:

I haven't been into mid-end audio for very long, but I'm sure you can tell from my trade history, I've spent some money since March of this year.  The most perplexing purchase I've made thus far, has to be the Geek Out 1000 Signature Edition from hola.  The original intent of purchasing this unit back when I messaged hola in April was to bring it with me when I travel, as my laptop holds all my music.  By September, when hola gave me an offer I could not refuse, my needs were already met by a 1TB Aurender Flow--but the deal was just too good.

This is a very odd predicament, but this GOSE is so good, that I don't know what to do.

I was happy with my PC, with a couple of Audioengine A2+ speakers coming off of my AIM SC808 sound card.  Since I've received the GOSE, I have not used the speakers, and have been consistently picking up the modest AKG 7XX paired with it.  I've since replaced the AIM card with a Asus Strix Raid DLX, hoping it would be able to perhaps drive both the speakers as well as headphone well enough that I don't need the GOSE--no luck.  I tried my friend's Biforst/Asgard stack, and while it was good, it felt more like a change rather than an upgrade--and why would I get a headphone driver to replace a headphone driver I'm happy with?  The GOSE is just so resolving and natural, that I am just not satisfied with anything else I've connected with my desktop thus far. (To socks mk2, if you're reading this, my girlfriend and I have since parted ways, amicably lol.)

Is there anything out there that is comparable with the GOSE?  What am I even looking for?  Why don't I just stick with the GOSE if I'm so happy with it?

I feel like this is becoming an existential crisis for me.

Haha I feel like I'm here for psychological help rather than true audio equipment advice.

Sorry guys.

Oct 26, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #2 of 3
If your looking to improve speaker audio, replace the AudioEngine A2+

(price in pairs)
Monoprice 5" studio monitors, $170
JBL LSR305, $290
Emotiva Airmotiv 5S, $400

Users who are viewing this thread

Back