What Shoes are you wearing at the moment?
Dec 1, 2004 at 4:31 PM Post #46 of 63
I love shoes - and so far, you guys don't have a clue when it comes to comfort/style
tongue.gif
j/k

What I'm wearing now: Onitsuka Tiger Mexico 66. They are starting to show slight wear so I'm about to order my second pair (second of that exact model and color, that is
tongue.gif
) for those special occasions.
classicsportshoes_1821_6240748

[edit: btw, when I say slight wear, I do mean slight. These shoes are incredibly well built - before I got into Tiger all my various "vintage" adidas, nike and puma shoes would start falling apart after a few months. After 6 months of heavy use,the slight wear these Onitsukas are showing shows only on the suede tip that has darkened slightly (which I like) and on the bottom of the sole where the pattern has worn off in a few spots. They are still completely white since they're so easy to clean (only takes a damp cloth)]

Oh, and to those who were wondering; yes, Onitsuka Tiger is indeed the brand that is today known as Asics.

Dec 1, 2004 at 10:52 PM Post #49 of 63
Socks at the moment. But if i have to wear something else it's either my $2 Wal-Mart flipflops or some Adidas running shoes.

Dec 1, 2004 at 10:57 PM Post #50 of 63
i hate wearing socks at home so i am barefoot right now

Dec 1, 2004 at 11:25 PM Post #51 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flasken
I love shoes - and so far, you guys don't have a clue when it comes to comfort/style
tongue.gif
j/k

What I'm wearing now: Onitsuka Tiger Mexico 66. They are starting to show slight wear so I'm about to order my second pair (second of that exact model and color, that is
tongue.gif
) for those special occasions.
classicsportshoes_1821_6240748

[edit: btw, when I say slight wear, I do mean slight. These shoes are incredibly well built - before I got into Tiger all my various "vintage" adidas, nike and puma shoes would start falling apart after a few months. After 6 months of heavy use,the slight wear these Onitsukas are showing shows only on the suede tip that has darkened slightly (which I like) and on the bottom of the sole where the pattern has worn off in a few spots. They are still completely white since they're so easy to clean (only takes a damp cloth)]

Oh, and to those who were wondering; yes, Onitsuka Tiger is indeed the brand that is today known as Asics.

I got a lot of old school sneakers myself.
i have a pair of these asics Onitsuka Tiger ultimate 81 , adidas italia , reebok classic rocket , i have a few pairs of jack purcells and chuck taylors as well .

Dec 1, 2004 at 11:33 PM Post #52 of 63
Funny thing about shoes. I have a small foot and when shopping for shoes, I'm in competition with every 12-year-old in town. No problem buying wingtips. They're seldom the footgear of choice among pre-adolescents. But leisure shoes, sneakers and such, are a problem. Thank goodness for mail order. Otherwise, if the shoe fits, buy it!

BW

Dec 2, 2004 at 1:43 AM Post #53 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by screwdriver
i have a pair of these asics Onitsuka Tiger ultimate 81 , adidas italia , reebok classic rocket , i have a few pairs of jack purcells and chuck taylors as well .

Those onitsukas are sweet, but expensive as crazy; I like the black/grey/gold ones. Anyway, I'm gonna eventually get some real chucks from an overstock store near me for $20
biggrin.gif
. The mexicos are awesome...must get some...

Dec 2, 2004 at 5:16 AM Post #54 of 63
Currently - bare feet.

Just got back from the (rock) climbing gym - climbing shoes are very tight - so feels good to wear nothing for awhile.

Generally wear socks around the house.

I do some shoe / boot testing for Vasque - so often am wearing a prototype of one sort or another.

Dec 2, 2004 at 5:23 AM Post #56 of 63
Currently my feet are encased in very warm wool socks. It's a bit cold.

Before that, I had on black Mary Janes (short heel). The rest of my outfit consisted of black tights, a short pleated denim skirt, black sleeveless turtleneck and a short denim jacket. =P

Dec 2, 2004 at 5:27 AM Post #57 of 63
Blundstone boots. Cost around $135/pr. and they are the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned. I've been in the house for the last three hours and haven't even bothered to take them off.

Dec 2, 2004 at 5:29 AM Post #58 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeriyn
Currently my feet are encased in very warm wool socks. It's a bit cold.

Before that, I had on black Mary Janes (short heel). The rest of my outfit consisted of black tights, a short pleated denim skirt, black sleeveless turtleneck and a short denim jacket. =P

Merci beaucoup aeriyn for the nice visual...didn't think anyone was still up...
angel.gif

Dec 2, 2004 at 2:57 PM Post #59 of 63
I'm wearing Adidas Spezial's today. Click the link to see the actual color.

1733-74115-p.jpg

Dec 2, 2004 at 3:08 PM Post #60 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by screwdriver

Ultimate 81's are cool. - these are probably my favourite black leather retro sneakers:

classicsportshoes_1819_92301817

bling bling
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back