What shall I do with my blog?
May 17, 2009 at 8:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

bangraman

Headphoneus Supremus
I have a Blogger blog of headphonery stuff. It's not been updated in ages, and in fact there are a bunch of unfinished entries in there which will likely never be finished because whatever the review was about has either been reviewed to death or the products have been superceded. (Currently the draft entries number almost equal with the published entries. I'm starting to delete a lot of them). I've been back there for the first time in at least a year and just cleared out all the rubbish (Chinese spam) that had accumulated in the meanwhile.

I also understand a lot of my pictures have also been leading a double life being featured in many a fake ebay ad
rolleyes.gif

I spruced it up a little early last year, but since then... nothing has happened. It seems a shame just to leave it there but a) I'm kind of 'done' as far as headphones for me (and this is what drove my reviews in the main) are concerned. A collaboration was loosely attempted a while back, but it didn't quite work out. I think it only works when people are writing separate articles. I still have this hankering to write occasionally, but I think it has to be with a deadline in mind.

Where do I go from here? is something I've been wondering. It seems a shame to just abandon the blog. Any suggestions?

May 17, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #3 of 5
I'd close down the comments to prevent spam accumulation and maybe watermark the photos to keep them from being used in fake auctions.

But I'd keep the old reviews and info going. The products might not be in production, but someone who picks one up used five years from now will be grateful for the information. I traffic in used gear and prefer things that have fallen slightly out of favor to the new! improved! versions. People like me appreciate the old information being left up.

That, or maybe repurpose the blog to erotic Head-Fi fan fiction.
wink.gif

May 18, 2009 at 2:48 AM Post #4 of 5
Use Akismet to filter spam. Works quite well IMO.

Don't delete the blog IMO.

As Uncle Erik said, the information may help someone looking to buy something who googles it up and lands on your page!

May 18, 2009 at 10:31 AM Post #5 of 5
Keep the blog. The information is and will be very helpful. As Uncle Erik mentioned, consider watermarking your pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back