what sacrfices have u done to purchase ur favorite headphones???
Dec 31, 2006 at 6:55 AM Post #16 of 46
got me some insurance money from my accident. car was sposed to be fixed but i figured it can wait
biggrin.gif

Dec 31, 2006 at 7:01 AM Post #18 of 46
Since headphones are a second priority under photography, I just wait and save money for the things I want. I've gone head over heels for the best photography gear, but for headphones, I (try to) take it easy, and I think I've done pretty good. As of yet I haven't had to do anything major for an audio related purchase.

Dec 31, 2006 at 7:07 AM Post #19 of 46
Why, I sacrificed a fatted calf, of course!

Dec 31, 2006 at 7:11 AM Post #20 of 46
hummm......you just gave me an idea Mrvile. I have spent gobs of money on computers and animation gear, and have been able to use them as deductions for taxes. I should probably be looking at reasons for deducting some of my audio gear!!!! Self employment can be sweet
icon10.gif
OK, not really, because I have to keep track of all my deductions just so that I get taxed the same percentage as someone who's employed.
mad.gif
Crazy U.S. tax laws!!!

Dec 31, 2006 at 7:47 AM Post #22 of 46
I never (and I mean NEVER) go out and eat. If anything we order take out every other month. I brown bag all my lunches. My most expensive pair of shoes was ~$30, I buy whatever shoes I can get cheap and make them last. My wife knitted and sold scarfs last year to fund an RS1 purchase.
rs1smile.gif

Dec 31, 2006 at 7:53 AM Post #23 of 46
I paid my rent a week late because I had purchased these Triple.Fis and didn't have all the loot I needed. The Tri.Fis were a rather unexpected deliverance anyway; that all went down somewhat awkwardly.

I hope my apt. manager isn't reading this. He is an audiophile, too... but he has a rather nice set-up in his 1-bedroom: $50,000 Wilson Audio speaker/two 14-tubed amps/disgusting amount of cables.

But I'm sure he would understand one's audiophile needs come before rent...
eggosmile.gif
blink.gif

Dec 31, 2006 at 7:56 AM Post #24 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by khbaur330162 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Niiiiiice. Fasting is always a good option.

I didn't so much make a "purchase," but for my exotic headphone fix I sacrificed all the peach fuzz hair within my ear canals.
blink.gif
Dang it was paintful.
tongue.gif

For my CD3K's? Morals and dignity...
frown.gif
3000smile.gif
"Dignity?" Have you seen the pictures of me inside them? I look ridiculous. "Morals?" My parents still don't know how much those things set me back...

...and god bless 'em, they never will!
tongue.gif

Dec 31, 2006 at 11:57 AM Post #26 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got a really nice price on my left kidney, and now I am trying to sell one of my lungs.

ygpm

Dec 31, 2006 at 2:44 PM Post #29 of 46
gay p**n....

Dec 31, 2006 at 2:46 PM Post #30 of 46
[size=xx-small][size=xx-small]Waits for PM box to fill up[/size][/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back