What pisses you off while you listening music?
Nov 11, 2014 at 4:48 AM Post #91 of 140
Ugh 

On a sad note my dog Died :/ I wondered why he was making SO much noise <.< I do miss him barking every time a good album started up *sigh*

Geez...sorry to hear tat...all dogs get to play in heaven..
I just need to get there :p

Nov 11, 2014 at 5:41 AM Post #92 of 140
I hate when I am in a perfect mood for putting headphones on and listen to the music, but for whatever reason I have to do something else. So I go on and do whatever it is that I have to do, with a thought in my head - soon I'll put headphones on. Then when I finally free and put my headphones, the mood is gone...

Nov 11, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #93 of 140
I hate when I am in a perfect mood for putting headphones on and listen to the music, but for whatever reason I have to do something else. So I go on and do whatever it is that I have to do, with a thought in my head - soon I'll put headphones on. Then when I finally free and put my headphones, the mood is gone...

How did I not remember that this happens to me all the time too?

Nov 12, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #95 of 140
On the topic of people talking while you're listening to music, I often see people at my school with an Earpod in one ear (sometimes even both) while talking to others. I don't really understand this; how/why would you listen to music and also listen to what that person is saying? I would find it very hard and also annoying to have a conversation while listening to music. 

Nov 12, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #96 of 140
On the topic of people talking while you're listening to music, I often see people at my school with an Earpod in one ear (sometimes even both) while talking to others. I don't really understand this; how/why would you listen to music and also listen to what that person is saying? I would find it very hard and also annoying to have a conversation while listening to music. 

Because most people don't really listen to the music. It's just background entertainment while doing something else like commuting, jogging, etc.

I do this 80% of the time I have my iems in.

Nov 12, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #97 of 140
Because most people don't really listen to the music. It's just background entertainment while doing something else like commuting, jogging, etc.

I do this 80% of the time I have my iems in.

I mean no offense whatsoever, but that is quite different from how I listen. While just walking down the street I focus intently on the music and nothing else, and find it hard to do homework while listening. The 1-3 hours I listen to music each day are times that I'm focusing on the music, its lyrics, its every note, and how it sounds. 

Nov 12, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #98 of 140
  I mean no offense whatsoever, but that is quite different from how I listen. While just walking down the street I focus intently on the music and nothing else, and find it hard to do homework while listening. The 1-3 hours I listen to music each day are times that I'm focusing on the music, its lyrics, its every note, and how it sounds. 

If I'm busy doing something while listening to music, I may not even recall what I just heard...so I try focusing entirely on the music when I can.

Nov 12, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #100 of 140

None taken. The only times I really focus on music is when I'm alone in a room or sitting on a bench in a park.

Other times it's in the background (internet radio usually) to accompany me while I do whatever I have to.

Nov 12, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #101 of 140

I have recently learned through something called a learning styles assessment that many people use music to their benefit as they see fit. For example I am proficient in being able to both hear what I listening to and work on what I am trying to accomplish. Many years of multi-tasking while music surrounds me has helped alot and I have always wondered before I took this assessment whether everyone is the same or not. Turns out only a select few actually benefit from the use of music and many times it has to be specific music genres that promote said activity. If one would want to study having some neutral classical or EDM trance playing could focus to higher degree than musics devoted to their lyrical content. Furthermore I learned that their are some people that simply are not musically inclined learners which on the same level brings interpersonal learners that must and feel very inclined to do one thing in either complete silence and closed off from everyone else this very much can be said about some music listeners which can't or won't listen to music unless they are devoted to it 100%.

Nov 12, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #102 of 140
  I have recently learned through something called a learning styles assessment that many people use music to their benefit as they see fit. For example I am proficient in being able to both hear what I listening to and work on what I am trying to accomplish. Many years of multi-tasking while music surrounds me has helped alot and I have always wondered before I took this assessment whether everyone is the same or not. Turns out only a select few actually benefit from the use of music and many times it has to be specific music genres that promote said activity. If one would want to study having some neutral classical or EDM trance playing could focus to higher degree than musics devoted to their lyrical content. Furthermore I learned that their are some people that simply are not musically inclined learners which on the same level brings interpersonal learners that must and feel very inclined to do one thing in either complete silence and closed off from everyone else this very much can be said about some music listeners which can't or won't listen to music unless they are devoted to it 100%.

I actually enjoy being closed off from everything/everyone when studying, and almost never listen to music when I do. If I do listen to music, it usually is soft classical or some other slower, calming music. I often get up early to study and finish homework, as it's perfectly quiet and there's nothing to disturb me. With my music, I'm usually on a bus, walking, or in a study hall, so I'm not doing much and listening intently to the music. I'm about to listen here at home, and I can/do go on the internet and read articles, etc, while listening, but I'm still mostly focused on the music and less so on what I'm doing online. 

Nov 13, 2014 at 4:32 AM Post #103 of 140
Listen to music is a process that evolves, during life we listen to music differently, the way we do it changes..
for some more and for some less, depends on how much time you spend listening, if you listen few hours , few times a week, then it doesn't matter...
But if you listen to music at least 5 hours a day, every day, then in few years you will " look" at music and not just hear it, that's analysing phase,

more years and you will learn to listen to music without being disturb not only by other stuff( for those who clean,work out,use music as a background) but you won't be disturb by your own thoughts, completely silence in the head ,

no thoughts or reflections on what happened during day, or thoughts about what have to be done( work, stuff at home),
whatever disturb you from music listening, starting from bad cables, poor source, weack amp, poorly isolated from vibrations racks/table surface , to your own psychics- gotta turn off all the voices in your head....

And the next phase is - you put your headphones on, your head start to glow with warm yellow light, your body raises up in the air, and time stops... :wink:

Nov 13, 2014 at 5:50 AM Post #104 of 140
Listen to music is a process that evolves, during life we listen to music differently, the way we do it changes..
for some more and for some less, depends on how much time you spend listening, if you listen few hours , few times a week, then it doesn't matter...
But if you listen to music at least 5 hours a day, every day, then in few years you will " look" at music and not just hear it, that's analysing phase,

more years and you will learn to listen to music without being disturb not only by other stuff( for those who clean,work out,use music as a background) but you won't be disturb by your own thoughts, completely silence in the head ,

no thoughts or reflections on what happened during day, or thoughts about what have to be done( work, stuff at home),
whatever disturb you from music listening, starting from bad cables, poor source, weack amp, poorly isolated from vibrations racks/table surface , to your own psychics- gotta turn off all the voices in your head....

And the next phase is - you put your headphones on, your head start to glow with warm yellow light, your body raises up in the air, and time stops... :wink:
Sounds like musical trancendence!

Nov 13, 2014 at 12:00 PM Post #105 of 140

And the next phase is - you put your headphones on, your head start to glow with warm yellow light, your body raises up in the air, and time stops...
wink.gif

Sounds like musical trancendence!

I was going to say the path of enlightenment, but you beat me to it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back