What pisses you off while you listening music?
Oct 23, 2014 at 4:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 140

rolandmsv

New Head-Fier
Just interested in stories about things, that annoy you during this intimate for any head-fi'er process. Everyone should have one. Could be everything! From laggy player, to noisy environment.

Oct 23, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #2 of 140
I hate when I'm enjoying one of my favorite songs, and someone tries to talk to me while I've got headphones on. What's worse is when I put my headphones back on after they're done talking and they start talking again.

Oct 23, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #3 of 140
  Just interested in stories about things, that annoy you during this intimate for any head-fi'er process. Everyone should have one. Could be everything! From laggy player, to noisy environment.

When I switch from Direct Sound to Kernal Streaming and some of my favorite albums suddenly have a schiit ton of distortion, while others sound ever more glorious than before :/

Oct 23, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #4 of 140
  1. When I accidentally tug on a headphone cable and it shorts out.
  2. When the treble is too sibilant or the bass is too muddy.
  3. When I have to recharge AAA batteries to power my headphones.
  4. When the ear pads deteriorate to the point of wasting away.

...hehe, these are all complaints about my QC15s.

Oct 23, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #5 of 140
1. Brown out. It doesn't happen often but it does happen.
2. Output tube failed, happened once, suddenly I hear crackling sound on left channel, one output tube was burning inside.
3. Hum on my tube amp.

Oct 24, 2014 at 2:17 AM Post #6 of 140
  When I switch from Direct Sound to Kernal Streaming and some of my favorite albums suddenly have a schiit ton of distortion, while others sound ever more glorious than before :/

I can't say that I can hear that difference, while still can hear difference between digital sources(usb->spdif converters). Maybe it's depends on internal windows sound processing stuff. So sound became much more detailed in your case?

Oct 24, 2014 at 2:31 AM Post #7 of 140
when i am enjoying a particular can...
and reading a post from someone who said the can suczzz.

Or me singing praises on a particular can i was listening to, in a post,
and realized half an hour later, that it was another can thats on my head. :p

Oct 24, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #8 of 140
  I can't say that I can hear that difference, while still can hear difference between digital sources(usb->spdif converters). Maybe it's depends on internal windows sound processing stuff. So sound became much more detailed in your case?

Yea it did, which was nice. As the whole point of "bit perfect" is better details. Stupid Windows 

when i am enjoying a particular can...
and reading a post from someone who said the can suczzz.

Or me singing praises on a particular can i was listening to, in a post,
and realized half an hour later, that it was another can thats on my head. :p

I've been there lol 

also room mates are a pita! 

Oct 25, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #9 of 140
  I hate when I'm enjoying one of my favorite songs, and someone tries to talk to me while I've got headphones on. What's worse is when I put my headphones back on after they're done talking and they start talking again.

+1

Also, when I'm totally enveloped in an album. All the gear is synergizing and I all but forget where I am. And then the dog walks in and trips or pulls one of many cables usually powering something rather important and expensive...

Oct 25, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #10 of 140

OMG! My husband does this to me all the time!!  And he works in the industry, and absolutely knows better than to interrupt a customer while they are in the middle of a song.  So why does he have to wait until the moment I slip on my headphones to all the sudden want to talk to me? He's such a brat 
tongue.gif

L3000.gif

Oct 25, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #11 of 140
Originally Posted by TRapz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually annoy one of my classmates this way all the time. He wears earbuds, which I know are open-backed. So I just talk to him, knowing he can hear everything I'm saying. Muahaha!
evil_smiley.gif

What annoys me while I'm listening to music?
  • Knowing that any of my music is low bit-rate.
  • Not getting a good seal due to the Q701's poor earpad design.(Stiff and doughnut shaped.)
  • Getting tortured by the Q701's headband bumps.
  • My DAP putting songs out of order.
  • Any miniscule noise from the outside world seeping into my Head-Fi zone.
   The list goes on!

Oct 25, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #12 of 140
     I actually annoy one of my classmates this way all the time. He wears earbuds, which I know are open-backed. So I just talk to him, knowing he can hear everything I'm saying. Muahaha!
evil_smiley.gif

What annoys me while I'm listening to music?
  • Knowing that any of my music is low bit-rate.
  • Not getting a good seal due to the Q701's poor earpad design.(Stiff and doughnut shaped.)
  • Getting tortured by the Q701's headband bumps.
  • My DAP putting songs out of order.
  • Any miniscule noise from the outside world seeping into my Head-Fi zone.
   The list goes on!

1. the dog
2. the dog
3. my room mate talking to the dog
4. the dog barking at another dog
5. my room mate feeding the dog
6. the dog
7. the neighbors dog barking at my dog

Now I love Dogs... just not inside ones. I grew up on like 14 arces of land, we had like 4 Labs, they were great! Never barked at schiit unless it was like legitly important! [They were outside dogs, until it was raining then they where inside dogs but not the barking every 15 min cuz they bored vairety] 

Oct 25, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #13 of 140
Gosh, there's so much above that I can totally agree with. Off the top of my head, my contributions would be:
• When the vocals are panned slightly to the left on a recording.
• When I'm facing over a terabyte of music and have all the time in the world to explore it, and I get in one of those moods where I can't get past cycling through the same 6 or so songs. 

Oct 25, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #14 of 140
  Gosh, there's so much above that I can totally agree with. Off the top of my head, my contributions would be:
• When the vocals are panned slightly to the left on a recording.
• When I'm facing over a terabyte of music and have all the time in the world to explore it, and I get in one of those moods where I can't get past cycling through the same 6 or so songs. 

That one doesn't piss me off, it's a little annoying the next day when you ask your self "Self How did you like that new music, oh wait you didn't discover any :/"

That said, I'm giving Metallicas "Master of Puppets" album it's like 129'th listen lol, just really like their early stuff [R.I.P Cliff] 

Oct 26, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #15 of 140
Originally Posted by vinnievidi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
. . .When the vocals are panned slightly to the left on a recording. . .

Now this is one I can really agree with! Mastering like that really leads to some big annoyances for me. I start wondering if one of my drivers is dying, the cable is shorting out, or maybe I'm going slightly deaf in one ear. If artists could just center the vocals, or perhaps balance the audio with something on the opposite side. It's especially bad when listening to speakers, because I start wanting to move my speakers around to compensate.
   This song by my favorite band has the problem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ9J7ETAcp4&index=3&list=ALGLx1orRGw4WxkEyx0K2ZKTrvBkt_QH71
But it's ever so slight! The vocals are juust a little bit to the right. Do you hear it that way too, or is it just me?

Originally Posted by Mshenay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1. the dog 2. the dog
3. my room mate talking to the dog
4. the dog barking at another dog
5. my room mate feeding the dog
6. the dog
7. the neighbors dog barking at my dog

Now I love Dogs... just not inside ones. I grew up on like 14 arces of land, we had like 4 Labs, they were great! Never barked at schiit unless it was like legitly important! [They were outside dogs, until it was raining then they where inside dogs but not the barking every 15 min cuz they bored vairety] 

It sounds like you're having a ruff time listening to music, amirite?
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back