What other tips fit on the Audeo PFEs? Comply tips don't fit well.
Sep 6, 2009 at 5:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

996gt2

New Head-Fier
The stock rubber tips that came with my PFEs don't fit too well, and the medium comply tips are loose in my right ear. What other tips fit on the PFEs with minimal modification?

I used UE dual-flange tips when I had Shure E2Cs and they seemed to work the best for me in terms of seal. Would any dual or triple flange tips fit on the PFEs?

Thanks

Sep 6, 2009 at 5:22 PM Post #2 of 13
I've settled on silicone bi-flange tips from my ety ER4. I modified them a bit to shorten the stalk. They fit snug and don't pull off like the stock silicone tips.

Sep 6, 2009 at 5:49 PM Post #3 of 13
try large Comply if medium don't fit well, also Comply P-tip is good too. Shure Olive can be fitted onto PFE, just enlarge the hole on the tip a little before using it. this make make take it off easier.

Sep 6, 2009 at 6:34 PM Post #4 of 13
Would something like this fit the PFEs without too much modification?

Triple Flange Sleeves for Westone 3, UM2, UM1, Shure SE series, SCL4, SCL5 and SCL3 (3 pairs)

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've settled on silicone bi-flange tips from my ety ER4. I modified them a bit to shorten the stalk. They fit snug and don't pull off like the stock silicone tips.

Where can I buy the dual-flange ER4 tips? I can only seem to find triple-flange for the ER4s.

Sep 6, 2009 at 7:45 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by nyjets28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i like the shure olives. they fit well and are comfortable and isolate very well

I don't really like tips that you need to squeeze, since they don't tend to work well in my ears (always expand and then pop out after a while). Do the triple-flange Shure tips fit the PFEs (since they are designed to fit the same earphones as the Shure olives?)

Also, will using the Shure triple-flange tips hurt sound quality of the PFEs since the driver might be located farther from my ears when using the triple-flange tips?

Sep 6, 2009 at 9:16 PM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

you don't have to squeeze like the comply tips...at least i don't. i just insert them in my ear and then they just kind of "set"...have never had any problems with them falling out of my ears.

Hmm, I will probably get both the triple flange and the olives then to try them out. So basically any tips that fit the Shure E3C and above series will also fit the PFEs?

Sep 6, 2009 at 9:46 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

not sure what the olives exactly fit, but these are it: Shure PA910M Medium Black Foam Sleeves (5 pair) a.k.a. OLIVE Eartips

I was looking at those and it says on the site that the olives will fit E3, E4, E5, and all SE series, along with some Westone IEMs. I'm assuming the triple flanges will also fit the PFEs since the site says they will fit the same Shure and Westone models?

Thinking of getting these as well to try out:
Triple Flange Sleeves for Westone 3, UM2, UM1, Shure SE series, SCL4, SCL5 and SCL3 (3 pairs)

Sep 6, 2009 at 11:21 PM Post #12 of 13
You can fit just about any tip onto the PFEs. It's just about working it on. The PFEs have wider, stubbier, sound outlets than the norm. This initially led me to the belief that you had to have their tips to make a go of it, but I was wrong. If you work it, you can get virtually any tip onto these guys. You just have to be patient and determined.

Sep 7, 2009 at 1:17 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by 996gt2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was looking at those and it says on the site that the olives will fit E3, E4, E5, and all SE series, along with some Westone IEMs. I'm assuming the triple flanges will also fit the PFEs since the site says they will fit the same Shure and Westone models?

Thinking of getting these as well to try out:

Those triple flange from ES will work. I have my Ety and Shure tri-flange tips mixed and I think they are the same. My bi-flange are simply modified tri-flange...just trim off the smallest tip, carefully. I also cut off approx. 3/16" of the stalk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back