What other IEM does the Shure (SE) Black Olive Foamies fit?
Feb 20, 2008 at 3:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Sactomanwhore

New Head-Fier
I have a pair of SE210s but was looking to purchase a different brand since the plastic sheath around the wires (where wires loop around ear) fell apart and I misplaced my receipt for warranty service. Anyhow, I love the foam tips from the Shure SE line and was wondering if they would fit on other IEMs? If so, which ones. I appreciate your help. Oh by the way, I am not looking to pay for more than the SE210s if so, then I will probably stick with the 210s. Thanks again!!
SM

Feb 20, 2008 at 3:17 PM Post #2 of 14
I would assume all of the big boys, other Shure, Westone, UE's, and Ety's, to name a few.

Feb 20, 2008 at 3:52 PM Post #4 of 14
the thing is, naturaly or modded,

becuase naturaly, it wont fit some of the shures, the nozzle on the UE and westones is too thick, same as senshaiser, i can verify that they work on the Atrio M5 from futuresonics (the M8 is the same IEM but in blue),

and i just checked my coworkers koss plugs, they fit, but they probobly cost more then the headphones XD.

Feb 20, 2008 at 5:39 PM Post #5 of 14
I got them onto my CK7s after stretching them with pliers. But they are now on very tightly, I don't think I will be able to get them off without breaking them. I also don't think they work very well. Because how the CK7s fit, turning my head seems to close the foam nozzle. I think they need to be trimmed to fit properly.

Feb 20, 2008 at 6:32 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the thing is, naturaly or modded,

becuase naturaly, it wont fit some of the shures, the nozzle on the UE and westones is too thick, same as senshaiser, i can verify that they work on the Atrio M5 from futuresonics (the M8 is the same IEM but in blue),

and i just checked my coworkers koss plugs, they fit, but they probobly cost more then the headphones XD.

Westones noozle is the same size as the Shure noozle. I have a UM1 and use only the black olives. I also have in IM716 and I can get them on with some effort. The noozle on the UE is 2 or 3 times the size. I had a Super.fi 3 before and I couldn't get the Shure yellow foam tips or silicone tips on it. This was before the black olives came out, but they wouldn't be any easier.

I think that I read that Shure tips fit Etys, but I've never owned any so have no personal experience.

Feb 20, 2008 at 6:46 PM Post #8 of 14
Except for customs, there are only two sizes of IEM nozzles; small ones, for which the shure olives are made, like the ety E4,Shures E4, se310 etc. atrio m5 and there are the ones with broder nozzles, like the shure 2, denon C700, Sony's, senn CX300 etc.

Feb 21, 2008 at 12:45 AM Post #9 of 14
Thanks all for the responses. I have read conflicting reports if the Shure Olives fit the Q Jays. I am very curious about those yet I most likely will go with the Atrios M5s since all reports say they fit the Shure Olives perfectly.

Thanks again!

Feb 21, 2008 at 12:48 AM Post #10 of 14
I can confirm they are a near-perfect fit with ER6i's.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 21, 2008 at 1:50 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by dura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Except for customs, there are only two sizes of IEM nozzles; small ones, for which the shure olives are made, like the ety E4,Shures E4, se310 etc. atrio m5 and there are the ones with broder nozzles, like the shure 2, denon C700, Sony's, senn CX300 etc.

The im716 is in between, although close enough to the small size to get Shure tips on. It takes about 5 minutes to get them on, especially the small size. The outer diameter of the nozzle is about 50% bigger than the Shure's and Westone's.

Feb 21, 2008 at 3:16 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sactomanwhore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a pair of SE210s but was looking to purchase a different brand since the plastic sheath around the wires (where wires loop around ear) fell apart and I misplaced my receipt for warranty service. Anyhow, I love the foam tips from the Shure SE line and was wondering if they would fit on other IEMs? If so, which ones. I appreciate your help. Oh by the way, I am not looking to pay for more than the SE210s if so, then I will probably stick with the 210s. Thanks again!!
SM

You should try contacting Shure anyways. I lost my receipt but they still replaced me E2C based on a predetermined credit amount. Just tell them around when and where you got them... its worth a shot.

As for what other IEMs the olives fit, they dont fit Ultimate Ears unless you stretch them A LOT with a pair of pliers (as Im sure youve seen in the tutorials)

Feb 21, 2008 at 10:21 AM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sactomanwhore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks all for the responses. I have read conflicting reports if the Shure Olives fit the Q Jays. I am very curious about those yet I most likely will go with the Atrios M5s since all reports say they fit the Shure Olives perfectly.

Thanks again!

I have Olives on my q-Jays, small on the right and medium on the left.
The small one went quite easily on, but the other one was trickier and I had to use some force (not too much of course) to get it on and I couldn't get it perfect. Actually I first put them by accident on the other way round, s on left and m on right, and had the same problem. I didn't have any fitting tools at hand to make the holes looser/larger but I will try that the next time.

I also have Olives on my d-Jays and got them on with no trouble at all.
So I guess there is some differences in softness/size on the rubber tubes.
It isn't impossible to get them on but it can be tricky.

Feb 21, 2008 at 2:48 PM Post #14 of 14
LOL, I too wear the small ones on the right and medium on the left..what a trip. I thought I was the only one who was weird like that.
Thank you again everyone for the great tips. I will try with Shure even without a receipt as well.

Thanks again!!
SM
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back