What other freeware music players besides Foobar2000?
Feb 18, 2012 at 1:53 AM Post #6 of 31
I've had VLC for a while, but it's still behind Foobar2000 as a music server platform.  VLC seems geared more towards video.  MediaMonkey is too busy, and too much product.  All I need is a simple, textual, intuitive interface that lets me get at my music, and then plays is without trouble via WASAPI.

Isn't WINAMP known for having problems with WASAPI?

Feb 18, 2012 at 5:22 AM Post #7 of 31
Why don't you like foobar?  Hard to recommend something without knowing that.  Of course, knowing foobar you can probably change whatever it is you don't like.  

Feb 19, 2012 at 10:09 PM Post #9 of 31
Who said I don't like Foobar?  I quite like it.

How do you play SACD?  Isn't the laser wavelength different for reading SACD?  This brings me to the question:  How do I rip SACD and DVD-Audio in its full glory?

Feb 19, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #10 of 31
AIMP 3 covers all codecs I've ever heard of and it has a remote app for android so you can control you playlist over wifi from anywhere in the house. Works in ASIO and WASAPI

Feb 20, 2012 at 1:53 AM Post #11 of 31
Looked through Foobars componants. I did not see any DVD audio decoder & it cannot play SACD's as there is no computer optical drives that can read a SACD. There is a decoder for DSD files but the ability to decode DSD files is not the same as playing a SACD for which there are no computer optical drive capable of reading them. SACD uses the same wavelength laser as DVD does so it is not a wavelength issue but an embedded copy protection that requires specific hardware to decode. The decoding key is encoded in the pit width ,not the length. Addio is encoded in the pit length.

Feb 20, 2012 at 1:58 AM Post #12 of 31
i don't really care. i use iTunes. i've tried the majority of them....ill stick with itunes thank you. my time as a consumer has led me to be used to itunes already. i've already encoded all the FLAC's into ALAC so not much difference really. i have itunes dispaly bit rate which i like and..that's really it.

Feb 20, 2012 at 3:36 AM Post #13 of 31

Quote:
i don't really care. i use iTunes. i've tried the majority of them....ill stick with itunes thank you. my time as a consumer has led me to be used to itunes already. i've already encoded all the FLAC's into ALAC so not much difference really. i have itunes dispaly bit rate which i like and..that's really it.

I don't use Mac, but what do you do to make your iTunes better?  I remember I had to load HKTunes to enable hot-keys.  Is there a special setup for bit-perfect, etc, that you prefer?

Feb 20, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #14 of 31
Bitperfect.... I guess ur just asking for what settings i use... None. I just set view to show bit rate. And if i have flacs i encode them to alac with dbpoweramp. No settings really. I have a self built computer so i could go and set itunes to realtine priority as i have a stable 3.85GHz quad core setup but... Whats the point.

Feb 20, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #15 of 31
Lol at using iTunes, especially its Windows version that's even less usable.

There is a poll around here with interesting options, most up and above iTunes in all regards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back