What music for burn in?
Oct 8, 2009 at 7:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

unl3a5h3d

500+ Head-Fier
I just got my MS1i's!!!!!

Now to get to the point. For burn in what particular music should I use or basically just put my music on shuffle? Thanks in advance. I will post pictures soon.

Oct 8, 2009 at 7:23 PM Post #3 of 21
Anything with decent bass quantity that will get the drivers diaphragm moving will do.

BTW, the Grado/Alessandro drivers aren't really known to benefit greatly from or need much burn in. You may notice some change but it will probably be quite subtle.

Oct 8, 2009 at 7:54 PM Post #7 of 21
I use signal sweeps from 20Hz to 22000khz for 80 hours and finish up with tunes from The Crystal Method for 40 hours.

Oct 8, 2009 at 8:02 PM Post #8 of 21
Wow those were really quick responses. But I did about 50 hours of burn in on my NE-8's and I could tell a big difference. The bass was awful and bloated when I first got it. Now the sound great. But I will probably do the different signals and what not. And get the rest from just listening.

Oct 8, 2009 at 8:14 PM Post #9 of 21
It isn't very well known, but "boy band" music was specifically engineered for breaking in audiophile equipment. There are scientific studies, too, where people heard night and day differences.

So go pick up some Backstreet Boys, Menudo, 98 Degrees, N'Sync, and all the rest.

About 2,000 to 2,500 hours ought to do it.

Oct 8, 2009 at 8:16 PM Post #10 of 21
I use the Tara Labs Cascade Noise Burn-In CD. It's free, but when it's unzipped it's in the UIF format. It has to be decompressed with Magic ISO to get the NRG image. It worked for others but I couldn't burn the NRG image. What I had to do is mount the UIF image with Magic Disk (free) and do a cd to cd copy with Nero. Here is a link that worked for me: http://www.taralabs.com/images/downloads/cascade.zip

Oct 8, 2009 at 8:22 PM Post #11 of 21
More info : "The Cascade Noise Burn-In Disc contains a proprietary mix of white and pink noise with tone bursts, harmonic tone and multi-octave square wave sweeps. It is uniquely designed to completely and correctly condition or `burn in` audio cables and components."

Oct 8, 2009 at 8:31 PM Post #12 of 21
Okay of what you just said was way over my head. But here are some pics
biggrin.gif

My Alessandro Grado MS1i's... on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Oct 8, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It isn't very well known, but "boy band" music was specifically engineered for breaking in audiophile equipment. There are scientific studies, too, where people heard night and day differences.

So go pick up some Backstreet Boys, Menudo, 98 Degrees, N'Sync, and all the rest.

About 2,000 to 2,500 hours ought to do it.

Dude....that's just wrong. What if someone took you seriously?
tongue.gif

Oct 8, 2009 at 8:52 PM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by cswann1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dude....that's just wrong. What if someone took you seriously?
tongue.gif

I believed him. All but the 2000-2500 hours part. That is just ridiculous to me lol. But I am a noob so who knows?

Oct 8, 2009 at 8:57 PM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by unl3a5h3d /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believed him. All but the 2000-2500 hours part. That is just ridiculous to me lol. But I am a noob so who knows?

Sometimes it takes longer. Sorry I forgot to mention that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back