What music for burn in?
Oct 8, 2009 at 9:01 PM Post #16 of 21
Why wait for 2500 hours or more when all you need is some lighter fluid and some matches. The burn-in-g process goes by much faster
eek.gif

Oct 8, 2009 at 9:09 PM Post #18 of 21
Toungue-in-cheek humor aside, unless your headphones sound bad to you (and if that's the case, break-in probably won't make them sound good to you) then just listen and enjoy. If after a couple hundred hours you notice smoother treble or more natural midrange, so much the better.
beerchug.gif

Oct 8, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #19 of 21
Do some people actually think that they're headphones will sound different after burn-in when they listen to sweeps and other tracks? THe only thing i could think about being the difference, is how fast the burn-in takes. And for the time you just wasted making a thread, you wouldn't lose much time by just listening to music. What's the deal with this?

Oct 8, 2009 at 11:36 PM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gbjerke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do some people actually think that they're headphones will sound different after burn-in when they listen to sweeps and other tracks? THe only thing i could think about being the difference, is how fast the burn-in takes. And for the time you just wasted making a thread, you wouldn't lose much time by just listening to music. What's the deal with this?

I was actually listening to music while I made this tread :p

But when I first got my NE-8's I was skeptical at first but I said what the hey. So I burned them in for about 50 hours and I could tell a night and day difference. Mainly in the bass. So I might as well give it a try...

Oct 8, 2009 at 11:54 PM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It isn't very well known, but "boy band" music was specifically engineered for breaking in audiophile equipment. There are scientific studies, too, where people heard night and day differences.

So go pick up some Backstreet Boys, Menudo, 98 Degrees, N'Sync, and all the rest.

About 2,000 to 2,500 hours ought to do it.

I heard once that Hanson, played in reverse at half-speed, can transform a PortaPro into an HD800, in 2.5 fortnights. Not that I'd want Sennheiser to lose any market-share, but now the Koss is out of the bag. Pure prepubescent burn-in heaven!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back