What music brings out the best in Grado prestiege headphones?
Jan 16, 2012 at 2:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Madbull1234

New Head-Fier
Hi all; not sure if this is the right area to post this, but I was just a bit curious about this. I know its a bit of a weird question, as most people would ask for headphones for the music; not the other way around 
blink.gif

The reasons behind this are I just got a set of SR60i's, and I have a mate who is a bit sceptical about them, and I want to find something that will blow his mind, or at least prove that these are a decent set of cans 
biggrin.gif

Preferably the music will be focussed around a guitar, like some of the santana stuff (i.e. curacion), but if there are other things out there that will bring out the best in these cans by all means post it.

Thanks

Madbull1234

Jan 16, 2012 at 7:20 PM Post #2 of 6

NA Blur

Headphoneus Supremus
I avoid jazz because the vocals mix into the rest of the mid range.  I do like your suggestion of guitar music or any hard rock.  Try some of Tantric's stuff or Dream Theater.  That should do the trick.

I guess I should say that one of the most immersive experiences I have ever had with music was using a pair of Grado RS-1i.  I had them plugged into an Ultra Desktop fed by a Macbook Pro.  Dream Theater was amazing and I honestly was floored at how awesome it sounded.

Jan 18, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #4 of 6

dorino

500+ Head-Fier

Quote:
I avoid jazz because the vocals mix into the rest of the mid range.  I do like your suggestion of guitar music or any hard rock.  Try some of Tantric's stuff or Dream Theater.  That should do the trick.

I guess I should say that one of the most immersive experiences I have ever had with music was using a pair of Grado RS-1i.  I had them plugged into an Ultra Desktop fed by a Macbook Pro.  Dream Theater was amazing and I honestly was floored at how awesome it sounded.

Funny, most jazz I've put in to mine have sounded stupendous. Not perfect, but they sound good to me. Obviously, rock sounds better.

Jan 18, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #6 of 6

cdnaudiophile

New Head-Fier
My favorite song is Crystal Planet by Joe Satriani to listen to on the SR60i's.

Users who are viewing this thread