What mp3 player to buy?
Nov 16, 2008 at 8:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mikemikemike

Head-Fier
Hey everyone, so, I was searching for an mp3 player to buy, and all the threads on it are very user-specific, so here are my details:

I own portapros and I am thinking about buying sr60s.
I just bought a pa2v2 today, so I will prob. be using that.
I listen mainly to tech/progressive house, electro house, that type of music.

I was thinking about the ipod classic, but I don't know anything about this stuff, so what do yall think?

Thx!

p.s. sorry if these types of threads are extremely repetitive/annoying.

Nov 16, 2008 at 8:59 AM Post #2 of 7
You don't provide many other details. I don't think the player matters for your listening taste as much as headphones do. Do you need a high capacity player? In that case, the iPod classic may be your best bet as you have an amplifier to use line out.

Nov 16, 2008 at 9:08 AM Post #4 of 7
I'm looking for a high capacity player. Also I don't need anything other than the ability to play mp3s. (I don't need videos or anything like that.) I wasn't sure if the player mattered, or if people thought the quality/battery life per price of some is better than others.

Nov 19, 2008 at 8:59 AM Post #5 of 7
I think the ipod is a good source for the pa2v2, especially if you use the line out instead of the headphone jack. I’ve tried many mp3 players over the years I think the ipod gives the best sound to date.
As for which Ipod I’m not sure what to advise you, I’ve got the classic but maybe the others mp3 players are just as good. For that it might be worth having a look on a couple of review sites to see what other users think. MP3 Player : Reviews, Prices, Comparative guides and Buy Online
By the way, for the headphones, if you want to replace your portapros go for the PX100’s Sennheiser PX100 Review they have a tighter bass and much smoother hights than the SR60’s.

Let me know what you think

Nov 19, 2008 at 9:43 AM Post #6 of 7
If all you want is to play mp3s and have an amplifier already then you should probably stick with using the lineout from an iPod classic. The iPod also has a higher battery life and I think it's thinner (depending on which model you buy, but I believe the current 120 GB model is thinner than the Zune 120).

Nov 19, 2008 at 5:50 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinorange /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the ipod is a good source for the pa2v2, especially if you use the line out instead of the headphone jack. I’ve tried many mp3 players over the years I think the ipod gives the best sound to date.
As for which Ipod I’m not sure what to advise you, I’ve got the classic but maybe the others mp3 players are just as good. For that it might be worth having a look on a couple of review sites to see what other users think. MP3 Player : Reviews, Prices, Comparative guides and Buy Online
By the way, for the headphones, if you want to replace your portapros go for the PX100’s Sennheiser PX100 Review they have a tighter bass and much smoother hights than the SR60’s.

Let me know what you think

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4saken
If all you want is to play mp3s and have an amplifier already then you should probably stick with using the lineout from an iPod classic. The iPod also has a higher battery life and I think it's thinner (depending on which model you buy, but I believe the current 120 GB model is thinner than the Zune 120).

Thanks both of you--I'll keep all of this in mind when searching. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back