What is your favorite Internet Radio and why you like it - my one is FIP
Feb 7, 2015 at 4:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

tussinette

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

It was a while since I was here (busy in life and at work), however I "re-"discovered a Radio station that I think is worth sharing. I post this here as I did not see a forum that would fit, but if I missed it please let me know.

So, some time ago I decided that I would like an acceptable sound at home too and went for a Marantz receiver. As it does also internet Radio (a must because of Mrs...) I started to listen to radio at home - for the first time in my life. I only listened to radio from time to time in my car when I was Sales reps, a long long time ago.

After a few weeks I remembered wy I never liked radio...

I started with a Brasilian Samba radio... Their Jingle was unbearable...
I switched to a french easy listening radio. Was fine for a few days, but sone enough I started to see song patterns coming over, again and a gain. Tried anoter radio, and another one... and many other ones. And the problem was always the same. They were all fine... for a few days.

Then I read a selection of internet radios in a US Newspaper (not sure wich one anymore). I was very surprised to find one of the less mainstream french radios in this selection, so I had to give it a go. Since then I, and Mrs too btw, so we are hooked on it.

The concept is a bit different than other radios I heared so far: the song (or musics) are presented in small groups (3 to 5 titles) that have a link (music style or OST of the same movie or whatever) and this makes the selection incredibly large. You willnot here the same title often, that's for sure, but more than this concept I am also amazed by the musical "knowledge" of the guys
in charge of the programmation. I mean, I thought I knew a lot about music before I started to listen to FIP again.

What I like:
All possible musical styles (seriously :)
Very good selection
Small 3 to 5 selections
Non repetitive
No "stupid" autopromotion Jingle
No ads
Very little speech and when there is it is in a sexy femal voice... in french ('getting hotter here, no? :wink:

What I like less:
Maybe the news from time to time, but it lasts less then 5 minutes
In french so everyone might not be able to enjoy the witty and interesting themes introductions

Well you might want to give it a try, so if you do so please let me know what you think about it.

And of course, being naturally curious, please let me know what is YOUR favorite radio so I can give it a go!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back