what is wrong with my 0404?
Mar 9, 2006 at 2:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

pne

Headphoneus Supremus
When I first got it, it played quite nicely. Now when I'm playing a song, the audio will cut out in mid-song completely. It starts up again if I click the tracking bar in the player. This is the same for windows media player, foobar, etc, and happens with videos as well. I tried a driver update from EMU but it didn't help. Could this be a hardware or software program??

Mar 10, 2006 at 4:27 AM Post #2 of 3
Sounds like a software problem to me. Have you tried cleaning your computer from the existing EMU drivers and software (Uninstall every thing in safe mode and reboot) then reinstall drivers. Could also be that your emu card is having problem with some other drivers or hardware, have you recently installed some thing new? Maybe another sound card or some thing? Do you have a on-board sound card? If so try turning that off in your mobo BIOS.

Mar 10, 2006 at 6:44 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by zool
Maybe another sound card or some thing? Do you have a on-board sound card? If so try turning that off in your mobo BIOS.

Be careful about this though. On my mobo (gigabyte 7N400S-L), disabling the onboard sound while either the 0404 or A2ZS were connected caused XP to become corrupt. Heck, it even made the vidcard output garbled signal. Doesn't make much sense, eh?
eek.gif

I would also recommend using driver cleaner (run in safe mode). So far it's served me well when I want to remove dodgy drivers (ATI/Creative mostly...).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back