What is this?
Apr 1, 2006 at 5:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Filburt

Headphoneus Supremus
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Never seen one before, but it looks like the two guys bidding are in a bid war over it? I went and tried to find other Yamaha models, and the only other one I could find was something in a Technics SL-XP1 shell. Is there something special about these Yamaha players?

Apr 1, 2006 at 7:18 PM Post #2 of 4
Well it says it has this "Super Hi Fi Stereo Sound" whatever that is
eggosmile.gif

Maybe it is the "God" PCDP everyone has been searching for all these years...
It only went for $45 US...

Apr 1, 2006 at 7:44 PM Post #3 of 4
That doesn't look real...

...Not sure that Sony would allow a competitor to use the term 'Discman' in the same font that Sony did, without kicking up a fuss...

...Not to mention that the word 'Yamaha' and all the little text underneath look a little off-kilter?!

Apr 1, 2006 at 7:44 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tungsten
Well it says it has this "Super Hi Fi Stereo Sound" whatever that is
eggosmile.gif

Maybe it is the "God" PCDP everyone has been searching for all these years...
It only went for $45 US...

Yeah, I thought about bidding on it, but decided against. Maybe I should have, but everything else I'd seen looked like rebadged stuff...but then again, this one looked unique...so I don't know. Maybe it is the amazing PCDP that we've been searching for all these years, in which case I am now a sad panda
frown.gif

Duncan - The other Yamaha I saw was a Technics SL-XP1 rip-off, so maybe it's some Chinese market Yamaha player (since I think historically there has been some difficulty enforcing one's trademarked names)? It looks really similar to *some* Sony I think I've seen, but I just can't remember the model number.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back