What is this that I have found?
Jun 15, 2006 at 3:11 AM Post #46 of 63
Jun 15, 2006 at 7:24 PM Post #47 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by roastpuff
Such an awesome find... congrats! Welcome to Team Vintage Audio!

EDIT: check out audiokarma.org for info on the Fisher... put in a few posts. Great vintage audio resource site.

EDIT: Interesting link http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthr...Fisher+BA-3000

Yay! A team for me.
tongue.gif

I'm about to register on that audiokarma site. Thanks for the tip.

Jun 15, 2006 at 7:54 PM Post #48 of 63
wow, the first case of truth to the old proverb I've heard a million times:

"Ones man's trash is another man's treasure"

Nice find
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 15, 2006 at 11:55 PM Post #52 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by PYROphonez
More pictures! This is the full HK system.

Front of system

Back of system

So, what do you guys think? I'll probably test the Fisher out with the HK stuff anyways.

The HK reciever accepts the speakers, so you could use that if you get a dvd player. Also, I think those components could be used as a switch, lots of inputs and outputs, the tape output is good for headphone amps I believe as it doesn't have an atteunator (from what somebody said in another therad I posetd.)

Jun 15, 2006 at 11:59 PM Post #53 of 63
I don't know I find it kind of creepy when people take the stuff my family puts out for bulk pickup. We left a Sony cd changer and an Infinity subwoofer out earlier this year, and in a few hours someone had taken it, I mean it's better than having it sit in front of our house, but I just feel that trash is meant to be picked up by the garbage truck not by other people. To each his own I guess
orphsmile.gif

Jun 16, 2006 at 12:02 AM Post #54 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
The HK reciever accepts the speakers, so you could use that if you get a dvd player. Also, I think those components could be used as a switch, lots of inputs and outputs, the tape output is good for headphone amps I believe as it doesn't have an atteunator (from what somebody said in another therad I posetd.)

I knew about the speaker thing, but now I just have to prove to my dad that I DO have room for the whole system in my room.
icon10.gif

Time to clear off some shelves.

Jun 16, 2006 at 12:04 AM Post #55 of 63
Quote:

Why would you want to run a modern Dolby 5.1/6.1 capable DVD player through two stereo speakers?

Jun 16, 2006 at 12:05 AM Post #56 of 63
Quote:

I knew about the speaker thing, but now I just have to prove to my dad that I DO have room for the whole system in my room.
icon10.gif

Hehe, you should hook your pc up to the setup, you just need some interconnects (1/8" to dual rca to the input on the reciever, and then phones to the headphone out.)
Also, this way you could hook multiple things up not being interconnected with your pc, and easily switch between them (i.e. that dvd player you wanted.) And you'de be able to use both headphones and speakers with your computer
biggrin.gif

Jun 16, 2006 at 12:23 AM Post #58 of 63
Quote:

Hehe, you should hook your pc up to the setup, you just need some interconnects (1/8" to dual rca to the input on the reciever, and then phones to the headphone out.)
Also, this way you could hook multiple things up not being interconnected with your pc, and easily switch between them (i.e. that dvd player you wanted.) And you'de be able to use both headphones and speakers with your computer
biggrin.gif

Yeah, I only quickly thought over the idea of connecting my pc. Thanks for the tips though.
icon10.gif

(by the way, I barely understood your post
tongue.gif
I got what you were saying though, I think)

Jun 16, 2006 at 12:45 AM Post #59 of 63
Quote:

Yeah, I only quickly thought over the idea of connecting my pc. Thanks for the tips though.
icon10.gif

(by the way, I barely understood your post
tongue.gif
I got what you were saying though, I think)

Okay, well, I suggested a cable where one end has 2 connectors liek the ones used in audio video components (rca is what they are called) and the other side is a minijack that plugs into the xtrememusics output. Then your headphones would go into the output on the reciever, and your speakers into the input, and you'de be able to use both. You could also connect a dvd player and other components with some simple cables.

Jun 16, 2006 at 2:03 AM Post #60 of 63
Quote:

Okay, well, I suggested a cable where one end has 2 connectors liek the ones used in audio video components (rca is what they are called) and the other side is a minijack that plugs into the xtrememusics output. Then your headphones would go into the output on the reciever, and your speakers into the input, and you'de be able to use both. You could also connect a dvd player and other components with some simple cables.

I understood the RCA cable part, but I managed to completely confuse myself for the rest of it. Thanks for that, I think I get it now.
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back