What is this now?
Mar 8, 2006 at 12:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Electro Point

500+ Head-Fier
Came home to this today...

Hold on, *cuts tape and opens box flaps*

Figure out what it is yet? Well probably you have already since the magazine isn't hiding the package inside good enough.
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

Mar 8, 2006 at 1:33 AM Post #2 of 9
lets wait and cccc

Mar 8, 2006 at 3:00 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by okay_player
verra nice...

looks like a big box for such a small product... what else didja get?

That is all I purchesed from J&R, Didn't get anything else.

The only other thing I recieved in the box was a ton of air-filled bags to stuff up the package.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

First Impressions/review:

When I took a first look at them in real life in my hands, like damn... The ER6i's are tiny compared to my E2c's. Which is a good thing for ultimate portability yet bad in a way. (I'll explain why in a bit)

So I took them out of the package, Comes with all a nice carrying pouch, spare pair of filters, filter changing tool, shirt clip, and a pair of orange foam sleeves. Oh yeah forgot, The ER6i's themselves with the tri-flange sleeves already installed on it.

Then I plugged them into my shuffle and attempted to shove them into my ears. Oh damn! Never had such a hard time ever with IEM's. It took me a about a half hour to figure out how I can properly insert all 3 of the flanges in and get a near good seal. I must warn you the sleeves go in VERY deep, by accident I pushed it in too deep and it was painful to my ear. Though I still have yet to try the foam sleeves. (Didn't use them yet even though I installed them on)

So then I played a couple songs from my shuffle (most of the songs are at 256kbps VBR MP3).
The sound wasn't that warm, compared to my E2c's which have had a lot of hours and been burned in well enough. The E2c's seem to be warmer with the bass and mid-frequences. Though the details of the highs on the ER6i were sparkling and wasn't too bright compares to veiled harshness of the highs on the E2c. The mid frequencies seemed to be flatten out and wasn't like on the E2c's as where they were very warm and a bit more alive sounding. So they sound a bit dry and lifeless in a way. The bass was acutally good though wasn't "loud" or anything like bloated impact. It had a clean-ish stronger impact compared to my E2c's which have a bloated impact on the bass and seem exaggerated. So overall the ER6i's are pretty neutral to my ears and flatish while very enjoyable to listen to.

The case that comes with the ER6i's is barly just big enough to put my shuffle in it and can fit the earphones with it without a problem of not having enough space.

I think the cable is good/decent in quality though it doesn't seem like those cheap cables where they use inferior material to insulate the wires. The material they used is very flexable and a lot of being "rubber".

Also I would like to note this now. (I mentioned I will explain why later in the review all the way above of why the earphone being too small is a problem.)
Problem is that there is not enough surface area for say to grab onto so I can push and twist them in to get a good seal. Also to get the flanges all the way through and to sit in my ear canal. This is also a problem when I try to remove it since the earphone housing is tiny, so nothing to grab onto much to rip them out of your ear canal.

Here are pictures, also comparing them to the E2c's.

Mar 8, 2006 at 4:40 AM Post #7 of 9
The trick to removing the 6i is to break the seal. I do that by pulling down and back on my ear. Looks funny, but it works.

Mar 8, 2006 at 4:56 AM Post #9 of 9
I saw the pic and shuddered. The ER61 was my first "fix" to this addiction. Congrats on the new IEMs. You will love them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back