What Is The Most Comfortable Headband Of A Headphone That You Have Tried?
May 10, 2020 at 3:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

100+ Head-Fier
I'd like to hear on what headband from any headphone you find to be the most comfortable from your own experience and it would be interesting too. From what I have tried out I find the HD650, that I used from a demo at a local hi-fi store, to have the most comfortable headband from my experience. Also I am looking to get a spare headphone housing with one of the main considerations being the headband.

May 10, 2020 at 3:56 AM Post #2 of 7
I prefer the 600 headband to the 650. Much less likely to get hotspots.

I can't point to any headband I think is the most comfortable. For me headphone comfort is a combination of clamp, pad material and shape, headpad material and shape, and headstrap design. I probably forgot something... too many variables to blame comfort or discomfort on a headband alone unless you swap headbands on a specific headphone.

May 10, 2020 at 8:27 AM Post #3 of 7
I'm one of those people that are probably numb to head sensations that might be annoying to others, or do not pay much attention to them outside earpad comfort. But with this said, the best comfort for top of my head were suspension straps, and the best one was the ones that the suspension straps had strings attached to slide and contract. I believe it was from Meze 99 Classic. I like that type of mechanism. I was really taken by it when I first noticed it, and just find it really cool as it is more sophisticated solution than the typical.

I think the padding on the top frame works on HD6 form-factor because the weight and clamping force.

Last edited:
May 10, 2020 at 9:30 AM Post #5 of 7
Sony Z1R

May 10, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #6 of 7
I tell you guys one thing, if headband comfort is your greatest concern with a pair of headphones, you should stay away from the V-Moda Crossfade LP2's, that headband will put your skull through an endurance test!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back