What Is The Grado Sound?
Jun 22, 2018 at 3:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

s1mp13m4n

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone. I recently got my hands on a used pair of Grado SR225 headphones from a thrift store. I sent them off to Grado for repair. I got them back with new drivers and a new cable for $60 in repair cost. In total I have $70 invested in the headphones. I read about this so called "Grado Sound" when looking around online. It seems to apply to both headphones and their phono cartridges. What is the Grado sound, how is it described? All I know at this point is that I love these headphones and they sound like nothing I have ever heard before. Granted I am not a person who has owned a lot of audio gear, but I do know that I like these headphones very much.

Jun 22, 2018 at 4:13 PM Post #3 of 7
I equate it to listening to music in the crisp mountain air while baby bunnies snuggle with your toes and sexy midgets feed you grapes off the vine.

But in a nut shell..."crisp". :ksc75smile:

Jun 23, 2018 at 12:27 AM Post #7 of 7
Its an interesting listen because they are so open sounding with those big foam earpads. But, they are generally very trebly and fatiguing and not accurate and distortion-meh. Would not recommend beyond a base model, just a pair for novelty or to wow a nub.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back